Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Zeus would just turn them into stars gosh don't you guys know any history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Alternatively an old chinese dude will tell you that doesn't make any sense and invent the word contradiction.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

unstoppable force was an very solid 2hander that replaced the arcanite reaper as the go-to weapon for pvp warriors

immovable object was a mediocre shield that didnt stack up favorably vs the easily obtainable draconian deflector

gonna give this one to TUF

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Applewhite posted:

- The unstoppable force would just change direction on impact. Nobody said it was undivertable.

What if it happens on a 2D plane though

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Seeing as we are dealing with infinite things, the laws of physics no longer apply and our general understanding of the Newtonian system would also be a moot approach.

The two systems would simply annihilate each other causing unknown physical effects.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

nullEntityRNG posted:

The two systems would simply annihilate each other causing unknown physical effects.

Kind of like an exception. This reminds me that I once had a thought that something must be enforcing the laws of physics, kinda like the physics component of a game engine. There's lots of computation to be done in order for the whole thing to work - where is it computed?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"Man... the graphics outside are really good today."

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the juggernaut, bitch.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hahahaha I saw that before you panic edited in the comma :cawg: Unintended honesty like that really makes my day. Really, thank you!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Karate Bastard posted:

Hahahaha I saw that before you panic edited in the comma :cawg: Unintended honesty like that really makes my day. Really, thank you!

:monocle: I still haven't lived down my autocorrected "Keaton claims the first post" from a year ago. Hope A Bone To Pick doesn't off himself.

Conversely,In their first conflict the Ultimate Warrior (Unstoppable Force), beat Hulk Hogan (Immovable Object), but in the end father time took care of the Unstoppable force via a heart attack.
Perhaps time itself is the unstoppable force? :shrug:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its like a lone bishop vs a lone king in the game that i cant remember the name of presently

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Applewhite posted:

A more meaningful representation of the paradox would be "what happens when two objects possessing infinite inertia collide with one another?"

An incredibly massive explosion, I would guess.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Perhaps you should have made this an actual poll? This thread is garbage like this.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the gift of boredom already op? but christmas is not for weeks!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
:greencube:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Bible posted:

An incredibly massive explosion, I would guess.

In fact, it would be infinitely massive, much like my cock.

Isaac posted:

Its like a lone bishop vs a lone king in the game that i cant remember the name of presently

You can't have a game with only a lone bishop vs. a lone king the other side has to have a king or the game is over.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Perhaps you should have made this an actual poll? This thread is garbage like this.

poo poo. Mods? Pls add a checkbox poll that asks who would win between the unstoppable force vs. the immovable object. Make the choices Unstoppable Force, Immovable Object, and Goku. TIA.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
an infinitely energetic explosion would create a black hole that expands at the speed of light forever.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
did anyone watch that denzel washington train movie "Unstoppable"?

prtty good movie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

an infinitely energetic explosion would create a black hole that expands at the speed of light forever.

why would it create a black hole?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Applewhite posted:

why would it create a black hole?

energy can also create black holes

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

energy can also create black holes

But energy is yellow and white. Sometimes green if it's magical energy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
what if there's a white hole that's like a black hole except the opposite O_O

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

what if there's a white hole that's like a black hole except the opposite O_O

Googling 'white holes" rn.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
what if they bent gravity and time as they approached each other into infinity forever getting closer but never actually colliding

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Googling 'white holes" rn.

I expect the results are as beautiful and cosmic as I can imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The unstoppable force is love

The immovable object is an autist (goon)

• Locked thread