Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Applewhite posted:

Oh do we get to talk about Anita Sarkeesian now?

I would totally suicide gently caress Anita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Applewhite posted:

Oh do we get to talk about Anita Sarkeesian now?

As long as you make sure to not contradict anything someone else on this website once said

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I think Feminist Frequency's attacks on sexism in videogames rely too heavily on the assumption that sexual depictions of women are automatically harmful and that they don't effectively make their case that this is so.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Good thing Salon doesn't have an editorial team consciously deciding what opinion pieces to run or this thread would be pretty stupid.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Applewhite posted:

I think her opinions on videogames are overly broad and uninformed.

I'm pretty sure someone else on this site said that they thought Mike Stolkasa is insightful and cutting. I'm sorry. You're going to jail for a long time.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i dont think ive ever seen a thread get voted poo poo so soon great job tezzor

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Germstore posted:

Good thing Salon doesn't have an editorial team consciously deciding what opinion pieces to run or this thread would be pretty stupid.

*opinion editor tries to approve two pieces by different people with different opinions on vaguely similar topics* *hands start fading out like in back to the future*

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
hey tezzor roman reigns is going to be the wwe champion at wrestlemania and there's nothing you can do about it you fag bitch

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I have only ever enjoyed a workplace atmosphere where most fellow employees were confident that they were destined for the fires of hell.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I still need some clarifications of why people hate the squatty potty. It helps me poop, okay?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

City of Tampa posted:

GBS 1.0 would have found Salon to be ridiculous

I wouldn't go this far.

This is more an indictment of GBS1.0 than Salon.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Back in the day this got a lot of traction despite being from not only two different wire services, but wire services from two different countries.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

What do I win?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Tezzor I don't get the joke you're making. Are you making fun of people who have different opinions from each other, or is the coexistence of opposing opinions within the same organization somehow intended to be humorous in itself?
I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
a bunch of people voted this thread 1 but i just voted it 5. some men just want to watch the world burn

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Applewhite posted:

Tezzor I don't get the joke you're making. Are you making fun of people who have different opinions from each other, or is the coexistence of opposing opinions within the same organization somehow intended to be humorous in itself?
I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Contrarily, I once saw where someone was going with something else.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

Back in the day this got a lot of traction despite being from not only two different wire services, but wire services from two different countries.

To be fair what is the black guy carrying?

Looks like beer and something in a bag we can't see.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Microwaves Mom posted:

Probably drugs.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

The black dude had the sense to put his poo poo in a garbage bag before hauling it through sewage.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

i think i read a good article on there once like a decade ago but i forget what it was. also it might have been a different site

That's the hilarious part: once not long ago Salon was good and credible. Glenn Greenwald wrote for them before he went to work for The Guardian, and there was a solid blogging community in Open Salon that wrote good poo poo fairly regularly (and was way better than the horrendous paid front-page writers they have now).

Right after GG left something changed and Salon became a clickbait addicted joke, and now it's gotten so bad that often times it is very difficult to tell whether something is a genuine Salon article or is parody.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Probably drugs.

Makes sense he is black. All the drugs.

Germstore posted:

The black dude had the sense to put his poo poo in a garbage bag before hauling it through sewage.

Its not all sewage a lot of dead bodies too ya know.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

City of Tampa posted:

That's the hilarious part: once not long ago Salon was good and credible. Glenn Greenwald wrote for them before he went to work for The Guardian, and there was a solid blogging community in Open Salon that wrote good poo poo fairly regularly (and was way better than the horrendous paid front-page writers they have now).

Right after GG left something changed and Salon became a clickbait addicted joke, and now it's gotten so bad that often times it is very difficult to tell whether something is a genuine Salon article or is parody.

The Glen Greenwalls??

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's cool that a newspaper is telling bill mahr what his opinions should be. I wonder if he went to read it and just went totally schizo. Video games and women are bad and cause terrorism now. I can't get enough ethics in video game journalism.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
bibeo bames.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Applewhite posted:

The Glen Greenwalls??

More like Glenn Greenlulz.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Applewhite posted:

I think Feminist Frequency's attacks on sexism in videogames rely too heavily on the assumption that sexual depictions of women are automatically harmful and that they don't effectively make their case that this is so.

:aaaaa:

Whoa!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Goddamn tezzor I hope someone hits you with a folding chair from behind

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
recently salon has been crossposting articles from alternet and vice versa which makes the cycle complete since alternet was always the worldnetdaily of the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Parallax Scroll posted:

i think i read a good article on there once like a decade ago but i forget what it was. also it might have been a different site

It was a different site.

• Locked thread