Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Portland State looking as poopy as Wazzou did in the Apple Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Scionix posted:

the smacktalk immediately after getting put in a hole in the ground

brave

I just don't think Saban is ready for a game of hard-hitting smashmouth football with tough defense. Sparty is clearly the standard of this form of football.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah but Big 10 schools would rather get blown out in the Rose Bowl than win a different bowl.

This is true and also I don't really see any reason to think we'd get skull hosed by a team that couldn't move the ball against northwestern

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I just don't think Saban is ready for a game of hard-hitting smashmouth football with tough defense. Sparty is clearly the standard of this form of football.

really makes u think

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Yikes, Northern Iowa just went up 13. With the weather what it is and as bad as Portland State is playing, the 6 seed is going down.

Will join the 4 and 5 seeds in losing their first games as Sam beat McNeese and Colgate knocked off JMU.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Woo! Portland State guy just went knee to the face on some poor NIU defender. Flying knee for a TD!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

Woo! Portland State guy just went knee to the face on some poor NIU defender. Flying knee for a TD!

UNI!

Are the Panthers going to blow this on the same night Iowa lost, that would be really loving cool, jesus christ.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Portland State playing the Texas Tech form of defense. Another huge TD given up. :fork:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chump Farts posted:

you guys should do well unless the osu game killed morale

Having a defensive coordinator actually focusing on the game will help. Also, having a defense going against Treon Harris instead of literally any other team will help too.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

UNI Panthers won, may they troll the state of Iowa with an unbelievably unlikely FCS championship with 4 losses while the Hawkeyes languish in the Peach Bowl with one loss.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

This is true and also I don't really see any reason to think we'd get skull hosed by a team that couldn't move the ball against northwestern

But their body clocks.
Also a lot of teams couldn't move the ball against nu this year, that defense was legit.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa could with a guard starting at tackle and a QB who couldn't move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CharlestheHammer posted:

No they weren't. The led 3-0 then 9-6, which ended the very next drive, then won.

The person I was responding to said they were only up 27 seconds total between three games. So thanks for providing support to my comment, I guess?

• Locked thread