Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate

Enfield posted:

this has actually been a constant with all my friends who play bass

Is it because it takes meaty fingers to slap and pluck at those heavy gauge strings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bass fishin ain't no joke. :clint:

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

skit herre posted:

I wish I could play some instrument. Well, too late at 32.

just get like a cheap used bass and poo poo little practice amp for like 150 total and learn to play some poo poo. if you like it upgrade your setup when you feel like you want to. look up scales and play along to some songs by ear. practice good form and pick it up and jam whenever you have some free time. eventually you'll probably try guitar or something, which is the same poo poo. learn like seven chords at first and try new poo poo whenever you pick it up in your spare time. worst case scenario you hate it and you sell your poo poo to some pre-teen who wants to play dio with his friends. everyone wins. saying you're too old is a cop out. its not like you're trying to learn latin or something

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bass player:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

to be clear i love dixie dave

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010
I bought a guitar but the plug was too big to fit in my MacBook Pro. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with it and my vape pen is too thick to fit between the strings on the tuny part. Being a rock star is a lot more complicated than I thought and now my wife is mad at me again.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Slapdash posted:

I bought a guitar but the plug was too big to fit in my MacBook Pro. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with it and my vape pen is too thick to fit between the strings on the tuny part. Being a rock star is a lot more complicated than I thought and now my wife is mad at me again.

Yeah only certain guitars work with Apple products, sorry to tell you this :(

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
If you play bass in a band, grab any cute girl and stand her directly in front of your rig.
Have the band play any funk song, really lay it on that low B and your chances with her just went up 100%.

Also if you're a guitarist who thinks they can just pick up a bass and be awesome, you listen to really lovely music.

ghlbtsk fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 6, 2015

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Slapdash posted:

What the guitar's brand?

dirk0
Jun 24, 2004
They don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall!
Dinosaur Gum

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

Bass players get all the poon :devil: :rock:

Murderface never gets the poon...

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Dude's got a Sunn Sentura, an Ampeg V4 and a Peavey acoustic 300 as well as maybe a solid state power slave. I approve.

Probably is in a unpopular doom band from Alabama called Bong Witch or smth and runs his amps at 2 ohms just for internet amp forum cred (this exists)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Clamps McGraw posted:

runs his amps at 2 ohms just for internet amp forum cred (this exists)

lol what

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

Going to see Sunn)))O is like what I imagine Satanic church is like

I've been twice, it owns

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

I would also kill someone (literal murder) to own a first gen red knob Model T

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dave_Indeed posted:

Guitar is one skill that I wish I could take back and put into something else. Literally no one on the planet cares that you play guitar.

gently caress what the planet thinks. I really wish I could play guitar. :bravo2:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
People who say bass is a scrub instrument clearly just listen to lovely music.

Listen to some Talking Heads or New Order for some proper bass action.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i love guitarists that think they can just pick up the bass and shred. you can tell that not only do they not know anything about bass they don't know much about music in general.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

now that we've got all the bass players in one thread what do we do with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

15 piece bass guitar cacophony orchestra

• Locked thread