Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Which country is this? There are so many trainwrecks currently ongoing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
We're not irl friends or anything, I just happened to remember that he said he was getting a job on the continent, which would have been enough of a handful even before this UK secession bullshit (I'm mostly assuming he'll be trying to stay gone now, I know I would).

He's definitely still posting somewhere, if you want to wish him well just shoot him a PM.

e/ vv sorry for giving you the wrong idea, I should probably read the UK megathread less. Our poo poo's looking pretty bad but nobody's getting shot (yet)(except Jo Cox, rip)

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 26, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

We're not irl friends or anything, I just happened to remember that he said he was getting a job on the continent, which would have been enough of a handful even before this UK secession bullshit (I'm mostly assuming he'll be trying to stay gone now, I know I would).

He's definitely still posting somewhere, if you want to wish him well just shoot him a PM.

Oh OK, I thought we were talking Venezuela or worse here.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wrong thred

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So he's living off the grid to deal with the aftermath of an overzealous government?

What kind of motorcycle does he ride...

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
At the moment I'm not riding any of my 3 motorcycles because I'm trying to save money and the bus is cheaper than insurance/fuel/consumables. One of them is of course, an original 99 R1.

Renaissance Robot - I think you have me partially confused with another britgoon, but yes, brexit/norsefire/borispocalypse is at least part of the reason I don't have time to write right now. Trying to get my own business going at the moment and it's taking a lot of time. Network Traffic will continue when the twin stars of time and inspiration align :)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
can we keep this thread open as the cyperpunk general chat thread?

I love the AESTHETICS of that poo poo; it's super fun.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 27, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like how cuberpunk can be thought of an extension on the aesthetics of a certain age melded with super advanced tech.
Like blade runner and GitS are pretty much extensions of an 80s aesthetic and the associated cultural views to the future.

Its like if culture stagnated, or degenerated while the inexorable march of progress just kept on marching.

Right thread for once.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ReelBigLizard posted:

Renaissance Robot - I think you have me partially confused with another britgoon, but yes, brexit/norsefire/borispocalypse is at least part of the reason I don't have time to write right now.

Whoops, sorry! In my defence there are quite a few tech sector britgoons in various stages of fleeing the country. I'm sure I have no idea why that could be :v:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its like if culture stagnated, or degenerated while the inexorable march of progress just kept on marching.

Between retro fashion drifting towards the 80s (it's currently largely on the 70s) and the backlash against feminism and civil rights, this basically describes real life right now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Like blade runner and GitS are pretty much extensions of an 80s aesthetic and the associated cultural views to the future.

That's modern-day Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
reminded me a bit of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doteMqP6eSc

• Locked thread