Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

threeagainstfour posted:

They also got CONCACAFed hard as gently caress when that Club America player got away with just a yellow when he blatantly yanked Oduro down when there was no one between Oduro and the keeper.

To be fair, Oduro one on one is by no means "an obvious goalscoring opportunity", but mostly

Tigren posted:

This is CONCACAF/Mexico we're talking about. This will never change and teams shouldn't expect any different. Play the game and get on with it.

this. Montreal were right bastards in that run too (really, in general, they have a rep stretching back YEARS and Drogba latching on to that Crew(?) player's leg last year was just following in the tradition).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

OK. This is the last post about MLS Fantasy here I swear. Since the MLS Season starts tomorrow, this is the last opportunity to join the league as well. This is your last chance to join this season to win fabulous(?) prizes and lord your dominance over all those peons you call other posters.

League Name: SA GOON MLS 2016
Join Code: 6623-1702

Actual MLS Fantasy thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766310

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/02/2016-mls-supporters-group-field-guide-toronto-fc

quote:

U-Sector

Habitat: Section 113, among the other Southend supporters

Visual Identification: As longtime member Tobias Vaughn puts it, “U-Sector is an anarcho-syndicalist commune. The best visual identification of U-Sector is us playing and watching football 12 months out of the year.”

Defining Characteristics: They even predate Toronto FC, having formed in 2000 for the Toronto Lynx. The U in U-Sector comes from Section U of Varsity Stadium; the group retained the name once moving over to Canada's first MLS team.

I've never been prouder of my supporters club. *wipes tear*

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It hasn't been officially announced, but the Timbers have allegedly acquired Nick Barmby for a year long loan from Leicester.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

highme posted:

It hasn't been officially announced, but the Timbers have allegedly acquired Nick Barmby for a year long loan from Leicester.

Hmm, never heard of this Nick Barmby guy. Guess I should look him up... What the hell, you're about to sign a 42 year old retired guy not named Beckham?

Oh, you mean Jack Barmy, Nick's child who has never played for Leicester and hardly played for the second and fourth division teams he was loaned to previously. Cool.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

can we shut this league down please

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Let's all laugh then. Laugh at our silly league full of self important fans and hard working players. Laugh at the corruption. Laugh when we conquer the world with an army of poo poo cloggers.

I think the point is as long as there's enough corruption or bullshit or whatever, we won't be conquering any worlds, poo poo cloggers or no.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Hey y'all

soccer starts this weekend :toot:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
These people need to get hype like me, noted African American soccer fan, Paddyb.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Can't wait for a year from now when Jermaine Jones is posting Instagrams about how much better the Rapids are when he's playing.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

ShutteredIn posted:

Can't wait for a year from now when Jermaine Jones is posting Instagrams about how much better the Rapids are when he's playing.

I feel like NE should've gotten more from the deal, but the gently caress else do the Rapids have?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Hoover Dam posted:

I feel like NE should've gotten more from the deal, but the gently caress else do the Rapids have?

NE got not having to pay Jermaine Jones, that seems like a good deal to me...?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Yea, dumping an idiot moron and mediocre soccer player is worth something

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Yea, dumping an idiot moron and mediocre soccer player is worth something

For a (what will undoubtedly be very high) first-round draft pick, no less.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
I don't know if I should be excited, ambivalent (6 game suspension) or disappointed by the first round pick going the other way. Rapids actually made a big boy move...Wow...

Edit: screw it. :toot: it may (will probably) fall apart completely, it may work out beautifully, but it won't be dull. I'm excited! (Yes I'm grasping at straws but with how bad the team was last year ill take it)

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 5, 2016

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
thank god jermaine jones joined a bottom dweller team so i don't need to be concerned about his constant crying anymore

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Jermaine Jones was good at soccer when he cared. He was also extremely mad about soccer. Now he is probably dead I think.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm going to my first Fire game tomorrow, taking the bus from Fado. Who do I have to talk to to get some malört at the tailgate?!

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

The Dynamo are playing their home opener tomorrow where it will be 80 degrees and sunny and for some reason we are going to be wearing our new black away kits.

For the home opener.

Stupid poo poo.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

New thread! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766994

This one + last season's are still open for purposes of collecting images and team guides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tigren posted:

Oh, you mean Jack Barmy, Nick's child who has never played for Leicester and hardly played for the second and fourth division teams he was loaned to previously. Cool.

Yeah, I thought about double checking that I got the correct Barmby. But decided someone could correct me if need be. All I know about him is plays the wing, had a professional footballer father, and doesn't really "play" for Leicester. I also know that after Wallace went to Portugal we're not that deep on the wing. Maybe he plays some USOC & CCL matches for us, maybe not.

• Locked thread