Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

I'm all about depicting the founding fathers as colored, hop hop rapping men, just do a good job and don't make every line sound like a wack lunch counter freestyle.

Also give 50 a role in it.

You made this comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

he's the youngest formula 1 winner in history what did you ever do loser

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Wu tang clan. Wu tang clan is the roots of hip hop.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Stryder posted:

I'm going to NYC in April and my wife was all "We should get tickets to Hamilton, everyone says it's great!"

This poo poo is sold out until JULY. loving sold out for at least seven months from now. That's nuts.

it's not nuts, midwestern rubes will pay to see anything

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Someone in here needs to be #blessed by the greatness of Hamilton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRphB_dPaqM

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
It's not bad. Here's an actual song from the actual musical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK4Wk_8PbcI

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

ChrisHansen posted:

I lived in Hamilton NJ for a couple years. Decent rent prices but it was a little close to Trenton for my liking.

I grew up in Hamilton although I moved away several years ago. It's pretty awesome nowadays when I come back because all of the good tomato pie joints have moved out of Trenton and into Hamilton and Robbinsville.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

no one gives a poo poo about the ten dollar bill its all about 20's 50's and 100's

also krs1 is the alex jones of hiphop

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

PT6A posted:

Actually 3-time WDC Lewis Hamilton is a good driver, and not lame, nor is he fraudulent like his white teammate.
What's fraudulent about Nico?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

spregalia posted:

good tomato pie joints

Do you mean "pizza"?

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Do you mean "pizza"?

Trenton-style tomato pie (Philly has one too, but it's terrible) is a variation of pizza, but isn't a traditional pizza. The primary differences are: 1) being thin crust, 2) a chunkier sauce than the traditional pizza sauce, and 3) the order of assembly: it's dough, cheese, then sauce on top. This leads to the sauce caramelizing as the pie cooks and the crust being crispier, but still retaining the chewiness that many thin-crust pies lack. Honestly, it will change your world.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
wow, i don't like musicals so me not being interested in this was a given, but hearing that song? gently caress, never let drama nerds rap, or try to produce a beat.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

wow, i don't like musicals so me not being interested in this was a given, but hearing that song? gently caress, never let drama nerds rap, or try to produce a beat.

As a member of the white New York elite, I know quite a deal about the hip hop. Have you heard the new joint by Puffy?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
epic rap battles of history: the musical

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
just so you know this was not written by a white person

also the author won a macarthur award

they love this dude on broadway

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

daveed diggs is good.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
i think it is an interesting idea

i just don't give a hot gently caress about Alexander Hamilton, so why the gently caress would i watch a musical about him

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I never see any Broadway musicals. Almost no one ever does. How many seats are there in even the biggest Broadway theater, whichever one that is? Do the math; even with matinees, most people will never see this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i hate the guy who made it for reasons. juan-manuel miranda or something, right? yeah gently caress him

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Furthermore, now I get to have a bunch of suburban teenagers try to lecture me on the roots of hip-hop because they listened to a YouTube playlist. There are like 3 good songs in the whole thing. Get over it, white people.

Why do you speak to teenagers?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Blahsmack posted:

also krs1 is the alex jones of hiphop

woah like mind blown

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

i hate the guy who made it for reasons. juan-manuel miranda or something, right? yeah gently caress him

from every story I've heard (second- or third-hand) Lin Manuel Miranda is the biggest rear end in a top hat on Broadway, which is saying something

(also the only good musicals in the past 10 years were Avenue Q, Book of Mormon and Putnam County Spelling Bee)

sexy frasier
Nov 3, 2015
well my name's alex hams and i'm here to say
i'm the illest founding father of the usa

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

from every story I've heard (second- or third-hand) Lin Manuel Miranda is the biggest rear end in a top hat on Broadway, which is saying something

Anything you can repeat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well my name is honest abe and i'm here to say, slavery is never okay

• Locked thread