Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I came across a pile of gelt, also known as jewish chocolate coins, and had a few. Imprinted on the chocolate was an image of a menorah. This appears to be a common phenomenon across the nation and world. The implication here is subtle, yet effective: the Jews and money, which can be extended into the monetary system, international finance, etc. To what extent does this image spur the association between wealth and Jews in children?

Personally I think that it does, especially considering the low quality of the chocolate (I confirmed by eating ten or so of them) is, further suggesting that Jews are stingy, and thus wealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
you know that menorah was to light up the temple for moneychanging

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Wanna chase some people trough a house of god, screaming and whipping with a leather switch.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
eat the yule log out of my rear end in a top hat op

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

circ dick soleil posted:

eat the yule log out of my rear end in a top hat op

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Gelt means money, op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hosed up if true

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

No

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm sorry but what do u think kid jews hand out for loans

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
rack it, stack it, get diabetes

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Nah they love the stereotypes

I mean they'll sue about it if they can but they love em

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Supreme Allah posted:

Nah they love the stereotypes

I mean they'll sue about it if they can but they love em

It's also well known that jews are lawyers, when they are not psychiatrists, so this checks out

Aug 4, 2010

cant be racist against a religion idiot op

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

www posted:

cant be racist against a religion idiot op

Hmm that's not what I've heard re: refugees. Mayhaps check you privilege a bit?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
all that jew gold

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

imo the little chocolate bundles of c4 that get handed out during ramadan are equally problematic

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
You're supposed to bet with them when you play dreidel. Also, they taste really good.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
No, but it is racist to ask if it's racist, OP.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Don't doxx me

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

rick rubin being asked to produce another rhcp album

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

coins arent a race op

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks for specifying that you were talking about Jewish Chanukah, OP, I was a little confused

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You're supposed to bet with them when you play dreidel.

hth :)

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I know this little old jewish man who hoarded his Chanukah chocolates for years and years under his floorboards. They all taste like poo poo but have appreciated in value tenfold

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
u sure they weren't rare chocolate filled shekels

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

VendaGoat posted:

Wanna chase some people trough a house of god, screaming and whipping with a leather switch.
Do this but also wear thigh high leather boots.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

There is this Jewish lady that buys stuff from my company and she's such a goddamn cheapskate and bitches about pennies. I'm just like goddamn lady, you are a walking stereotype, holy gently caress.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Dreidel is technically a gambling game, but you don't want children gambling with real money, do you? I bet you don't, kids are dumb. So you have them gamble with chocolate coins instead of metal ones. It's pretty much like playing poker with M&Ms, only more closely themed to Hanukkah.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Lesser known stereotype: we Jews love chocolate AND money. Chocolate/gold isn't quite chocolate/peanut butter, but almost.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Pththya-lyi posted:

Dreidel is technically a gambling game, but you don't want children gambling with real money, do you? I bet you don't, kids are dumb. So you have them gamble with chocolate coins instead of metal ones. It's pretty much like playing poker with M&Ms, only more closely themed to Hanukkah.

It's more like alleyway craps than poker. I mean, it's pretty drat simple isn't it? What strategy is involved when playing dreidel? Anyways, here's something I plan to make this year despite my not being a member of the tribe:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/santa_satan.htm

e: lol oops

http://overtimecook.com/2013/11/11/melt-in-your-mouth-hanukkah-gelt-cookies/

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
So wait are driedels like biblical beyblades or something?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I always give the jewish kids around christmas time the extra pirate gold leftover from halloween and say "Happy Hanukkah"

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Doctor J Off posted:

So wait are driedels like biblical beyblades or something?

Dreidels are crummy four-sided dice/tops used for fake gambling. They used to be used for real gambling but that was before Larry King had his Bar Mitzvah so it hardly counts today. They're crummy because they're traditional and traditional poo poo sucks. I'm totally making those cookies though.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
probably

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i think it's bc in most cultures that aren't dumb protestant cultures it's actually considered nice and cool to give someone money

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

nomadologique posted:

i think it's bc in most cultures that aren't dumb protestant cultures it's actually considered nice and cool to give someone money

actually money is a tool of the capitalist oppressor, and it's gift is a reminder of the new aristocracy's domination over you

• Locked thread