Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Frank Miller's Positive Contributions To Batman:
Batman Year One

Frank Miller's Negative Contributions To Batman:
Pretty much everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

kalonZombie posted:

Frank Miller's Positive Contributions To Batman:
Batman Year One

Frank Miller's Negative Contributions To Batman:
Pretty much everything else

Also, Holy Terror, which I know I mentioned briefly in the video, was nearly a Batman comic. Thankfully, the head of DC supporting Miller's attempt at ruining Batman forever with racism, torture, and the main character shooting people with guns, like Batman is known to do moved over to Legendary and Miller went with him. Of course, some amazing artifacts remain, like the love interest basically being Catwoman and the totally not Gordon for reals Dan Doyle. If you can stomach the terrible art and story, take a look at it just to realize how close we came to having the worst Batman ever. And I'm including Kevin Smith's Batman in that estimation (you know, the one who pissed himself in fear).

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The problem with Batman villains (and other characters villains) is how hard it is to differentiate them from each other. Much like how Riddler gets portrayed as a knock-off Joker there's a lot of overlap with villains motivations. How many deranged scientists/psychologists whose experiments went to far are there? What about criminals who have as much, if not more hate for Bruce Wayne than Batman? What about elite super assassins?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

White Coke posted:

The problem with Batman villains (and other characters villains) is how hard it is to differentiate them from each other. Much like how Riddler gets portrayed as a knock-off Joker there's a lot of overlap with villains motivations. How many deranged scientists/psychologists whose experiments went to far are there? What about criminals who have as much, if not more hate for Bruce Wayne than Batman? What about elite super assassins?

I'm starting to understand that comic books, especially ones about popular characters, are a deeply risk-averse medium.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kalon, I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but Flash... It gets dumb.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Kalon, I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but Flash... It gets dumb.

It's always been dumb, though. That's the beauty of it. It gets dumb in the silliest, comic booky ways and it's great. Compare it to Arrow, which is so serious it can be hard to watch sometimes, and is about a dude who dresses up like a green Robin Hood and shoots criminals with arrows.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Heya, it's done, mostly. Next week I'll upload the first of the challenge map videos, the ones that come with the base game. Week after that I'll show off the DLC maps and the PS3 exclusive maps where you play as the Joker. Those are neat! Enjoy the end of the LP proper though.

Episode 15: The Party ... Uncut ... Cut

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Conbatulations.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Here's the challenge maps that the game comes with. The others that come next week are all DLC ones.

Bonus 2: I Am Vengence (Standard Challenge Maps)

Bonus 3: I Am The Night (Extreme Challenge Maps)

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

And here is the official end of the LP. I'm gonna take some time off but in two weeks God of War should start if Heave ever gives me his lecture, the gently caress.

Bonus 4: I Am Batman (DLC Challenge Maps)

Bonus 5: A Dance With The Devil In The Pale Moonlight (Joker Challenge Maps)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I didn't even know there were challenge maps where you could play as the Joker.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Yeah, I think it was a pre-order bonus. I honestly never really touched the challenge maps except when I tried to string up all the thugs with inverted takedowns on a lark :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

I didn't even know there were challenge maps where you could play as the Joker.

It comes as free DLC for people who bought the game new on the PS3, and paid DLC for people who bought the game used on the PS3. It's also PS3 exclusive, which was a major draw for me to buy it on that system back when I had both a PS3 and a 360 for a while.

• Locked thread