Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I see on the spreadsheet and several of you talking about saving energy to maximize guild and other bonuses. Do you all still do the daily challenges even when you're "saving" energy? Are you not losing out on energy by not spending what you naturally accrue over time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Save up to the cap, make it so you log in with 119/120 energy. GW you can complete the daily requirement by retreating from the first battle. Other things you can complete after the guild reset, but before the activities reset.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Lord Wexia posted:

I see on the spreadsheet and several of you talking about saving energy to maximize guild and other bonuses. Do you all still do the daily challenges even when you're "saving" energy? Are you not losing out on energy by not spending what you naturally accrue over time?

Well, we're spending energy to prevent going above cap. I do all my dailies, and I've been prioritizing double rewards over guild rewards.

So, guild reset happens at 7:30 pm local time for me. Let's say this is a regular week (no double rewards), and that at 7:30 (my local guild reset time), light energy becomes the resource. Normally that would mean saving up energy from about 7 am (12 hours = 120 regular energy). However, I also get a bonus 45 energy between 1pm and 3pm. My max is actually about 135, so I just need ~80 energy (I like to play it safe in case I'm not on right at 7:30) puts me saving energy from about 11:30 (10 energy per hour, pretty easy to do in your head). Then I'll also collect the 7-9pm energy and use that. Alternatively, when the guild energy thing is running out, I'll spend the 7-9pm free energy right at 7 to squeeze the last little bit out of that.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

two_step posted:

According to reddit, the bonus tomorrow is all the previous bonuses combined. This means you want to save your GW to do tomorrow, as well as any cantina/normal energy. Other stuff that came out today:

Yoda is starting up in 9 days (check the in game countdown)
Wedge Antilles was added, he will be the new arudium character. Supposedly the other characters you might get with him are Luke Skywalker, Hoth Rebel Scout or Lobot.

Wedge looks pretty mediocre. His passive doesn't make up for his low speed much and the other pilots have much more useful special abilities.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Bring on the Cantina bonus.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man I wish I would have read this before I finished my GW for today. I really need the credits I'm gonna 7* Berris tomorrow.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Wedge looks pretty mediocre. His passive doesn't make up for his low speed much and the other pilots have much more useful special abilities.

I actually disagree. I think he'll be absurdly good in a Rebel squad (again, you still need Leia for this, although if you're buying aurodium packs, you probably have Leia).

Ackbar, Leia, Han, Scout, Wedge.

Assuming Red Leader works like every other ability, he'll start with 165 speed (110 + 30 + 25), and go behind only other speed led teams (Yoda, Leia and Scout, maybe a couple others). Leia will go first, trying to land her crit boost. Scout will probably use special, trying to land the stun (esp with crit up - free turn if he crits). Wedge you'll probably want to use basic, as there's usually someone you need to nuke. He'll do 3753-4147 + 35%, with a possibly boosted crit chance. All three of these heroes have 165 speed or more (so they will all beat Rey in speed). Han will go pretty early with 151 speed - if he gets shot, everyone gains turn meter. Great time to attack a Fives/Dooku, basically in every other arena comp. Ackbar goes and uses tactical genius, pulling in a rebel to attack, then queue up Wedge's special. Given how fast these turns are happening, he probably still has Red Leader up for 4 heroes, so 2531-2797 * 50% * 28% on anyone above 50%. If they are running Dooku and Fives, and Han is still alive and taunting, your whole team gets a free turn. Leia maybe uses stealth in there -- a rebel is called in to attack.

Basically I'm saying that Wedge is the missing piece for Rebels, because otherwise that slot was being filled with a non-rebel (RG, Dooku, Rey, etc), or Luke/Biggs, who are both mediocre. I'm expecting to see some mega-whales sporting this comp really soon.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What is so special about May 4th? Is it some poo poo where a bunch of greasy cheeto losers buy star wars toys?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It sounds like May the Force. Sort of.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Aphrodite posted:

It sounds like May the Force. Sort of.

That's stupid.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

That's stupid.

It was apparently first noted in 1979.

Here's more information than you could ever want to know about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day

e: I should mention that while it was noted in 1979, it wasn't really used until 2011 as a thing.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 3, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

That's stupid.

:ocelot:

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
It's a good thing we have cool kids to let us know may the 4th is a dumb holiday. Now we won't be distracted from planning our day around which bonus applies to our guild/gw/cantina/reset time. Being cool is tough.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Aadoniel posted:

It's a good thing we have cool kids to let us know may the 4th is a dumb holiday. Now we won't be distracted from planning our day around which bonus applies to our guild/gw/cantina/reset time. Being cool is tough.
:qqsay:

:smuggo:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Thankfully former Star Trek cast member Tim Russ is here to explain May the Fourth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ZRsf9sneQ

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Did I read the newsletter right and tomorrow literally every activity is going to have double rewards? Welp, not gonna do anything until 10am.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Hey, looking for an invite to a Goon guild with spots open, ally code: 827-938-839

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
What makes Galactic War such a chore at high levels? Do hitpoints start to dramatically outpace damage? Or is it the gear that adds too much protection?

I'm at level 64 now and my team of QGJizz, Luminara, Ashoka, IG-86 and Jedi Obama melts through it in under 30 min.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

What makes Galactic War such a chore at high levels? Do hitpoints start to dramatically outpace damage? Or is it the gear that adds too much protection?

I'm at level 64 now and my team of QGJizz, Luminara, Ashoka, IG-86 and Jedi Obama melts through it in under 30 min.

After I get past the first 5-7 battles, there are generally two team comps I see:

Dooku (L), 2 of (QGJ, Rey, GS), Daka, RG/Han

or

Obi-Wan (L), RG/Han, Daka, (QGJ/GS), Fives

Neither of these team comps are fun, nor are they easy/fast.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Ularg posted:

Did I read the newsletter right and tomorrow literally every activity is going to have double rewards? Welp, not gonna do anything until 10am.

basically all the events that previously were doubled: galactic war, light and dark hard mode, cantina fights.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Has EA_Jesse said anything more about Comp, or has that gone away now? Either way, can we get like a week of May 4th?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Disco De Soto posted:

Protection is a large part of it. Some enemies essentially have double health because of it, which drags out the fight and removes your ability to take out their heavy hitters early in the match. Consequently, you're getting screwed by the fact that you lost all your protection back on node 2 and it never comes back, allowing the enemy team to wail on your guys and, if you're particularly unlucky, take out some of your dudes and force you to restart.

As has been said countless times in this thread, Barris is a necessity. I just got her and was able to go from not being able to complete GW to being able to get all the way through, just in double the time that it used to take me. Before protection was added, I was able to get through it all in less than half an hour like you.

Enemy team comp has something to do with it too. I hope you like Sidious, because you'll be seeing him like all the goddamn time (even better when your GW team is mostly Jedi, as yours is).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Im starting to see more vaders and kylos in addition to sid and i hate that poo poo. Due to sids healing immunity lasting so goddamn long i always try to kill him first so he cant debuff my guys. Now with teams running vader who even at 4 stars has tons of hp and dmg i usually need to kill him before he saber kos one of my guys. Kylo i have to kill since he also applies healing debuff.

Makes sid going on a dodgefest even more annoying.

Edit: and i realize this problem could be solved by running barriss but i dont got her yet :[ i run lumi/geo sold/sid/qgj/daka or jedi consular or phasma generally

When i run into a nasty rear end team in the back half of gw i usually run phasma and my b unit of ig86, windu, talia, chewie, and whomever to try and kill someone like sid.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 4, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Got a complete gear piece from raid rewards for the first time: the stun cuffs.

Not bad I suppose, though I have no immediate use for it.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Anyone have rancor strategies? I don't put out nearly as much damage.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

I could use tips for all the phases. Also, wondering if for phase 1 I should focus on the main guard and just keep the two adds stunned as much as possible.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Big gently caress you to all the folks that managed to complete the raid between guild reset and me waking up.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Since I have no taunters, slowers or turn meter reducers apart from QGJ, my strategy for the Rancor itself involves pressing the auto battle button and watching :)

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

SUBFRIES posted:

I could use tips for all the phases. Also, wondering if for phase 1 I should focus on the main guard and just keep the two adds stunned as much as possible.

There's a rancor strategy tab on the guild spreadsheet. Also, you're correct that stuns and debuffs are your friend in phase 1.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

cowofwar posted:

Anyone have rancor strategies? I don't put out nearly as much damage.

Wrathravenrulez, KingTramp, Mal:

How do you do that voodoo you do so well?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Halverine posted:

Hey, looking for an invite to a Goon guild with spots open, ally code: 827-938-839

Sent you an ally request. Once you accept it, I'll send you a guild invite.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The Doubler for everything is now active.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Someone put a lot of time into making this guide to the raid. It has some good suggestions if you're looking for ways to maximize your damage

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8eE1SQOvarzZjdBSXpHMmNHX3c/view?pref=2&pli=1

e: Also, don't forget that after today's guild reset, you will need to spend Hard energy for guilds. You'll still get double rewards, so might want to hold off on running ALL of your hard modes.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 4, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

Someone put a lot of time into making this guide to the raid. It has some good suggestions if you're looking for ways to maximize your damage

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8eE1SQOvarzZjdBSXpHMmNHX3c/view?pref=2&pli=1

e: Also, don't forget that after today's guild reset, you will need to spend Hard energy for guilds. You'll still get double rewards, so might want to hold off on running ALL of your hard modes.

Also I don't think it's worth storing energy at this point. Missing out on runs now for a couple of extra guild coins is not worth it. QGJ still has five hours to go before we get our guild reset.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
How do I do the raid stuff? I went to the rancor section, but it was talking about spending guild currency to start a raid and I didn't want to accidentally start something super low tier and ruin poo poo.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Whoops, I already ran all my hard modes.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Mile'ionaha posted:

Wrathravenrulez, KingTramp, Mal:

How do you do that voodoo you do so well?

I've been getting a lot of damage against the rancor with the following 3 (all gear 9):

QGJ - maxed Quick Strike for TM reduction
Rey - she is quick and often hits for 15K+
RG - for the taunt and slow debuff, the huge health pool helps as well.

The other 2 slots are fairly flexible, but honourable mentions go to Barriss, and Yoda if the rancor has 50%+ health (so you can give your whole team dodge).

Once things start to go south you want to try and escape your best toons and use them over 2 or even 3 rounds. I get much better results if I can reuse QGJ and Rey rather than using my backups, because most of my backups are not at max gear/level.

I'm also farming Ewoks as I imagine they will be very useful.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Leif. posted:

How do I do the raid stuff? I went to the rancor section, but it was talking about spending guild currency to start a raid and I didn't want to accidentally start something super low tier and ruin poo poo.

Our last raid just finished. I don't think you're an officer, so you can explore that whole area without worrying. We are doing T5 raids, so take a look at those. I usually post here and in game chat when I start one, which happens at 46k guild currency. I posted a guide above a little bit, read over that, it has a lot of helpful stuff. Also, T5 means that you can only use heroes that are 5* or above.

Jibo posted:

Also I don't think it's worth storing energy at this point. Missing out on runs now for a couple of extra guild coins is not worth it. QGJ still has five hours to go before we get our guild reset.

Absolutely. I wouldn't recommend storing energy ever, because that's dumb. However, it would be good if people still had hard modes/energy when guild rotation rolled around.

KingOfTheTramps posted:

QGJ - maxed Quick Strike for TM reduction
Rey - she is quick and often hits for 15K+
RG - for the taunt and slow debuff, the huge health pool helps as well.

Yeah, I generally run two team comps, and try to save anyone I can. I run Teebo lead, Chirpa, Ewok Elder, RG, QGJ. These guys basically have the perfect balance of abilities, but this fight usually takes me 10 minutes, but I've gotten 400k+ damage out of it. QGJ and Teebo can remove Taunt/damage up. Secondly, Teebo removes a lot of TM, so that's pretty amazing. Chirpa grants speed, HoTs, retribution to Ewoks, and a pretty big burst of damage in his everybody attacks move (ok, right now it's up to 3 ewok allies +1 other). RG applies stuns and slows. QGJ also removes TM. I use this to juggle him, and I usually still have everyone up when he gets to enrage, at which point I try to get everyone out. Usually get about 2-3, but sometimes 4. My next team comp really depends on who survived. If QGJ and Teebo survive, I like to go Teebo, QGJ, Phasma, Poe, Rey. If RG survives I usually put him in place of Poe. I only run Chirpa if Teebo survives.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 4, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

:v:

(stolen from reddit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
New thread is live...PLEASE MOVE DISCUSSIONS OVER THERE. Primaris will close this thread when he sees my PM.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774770&pagenumber=1#lastpost

• Locked thread