Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I shall amend my previous statement in this thread.

The Dallas Stars are not good at hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

I shall amend my previous statement in this thread.

The Dallas Stars are not good at hockey.

Quoted again for posterity.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
wow what a shock that nobody could have expected

the team that has had the puck for 90% of the game is going to win.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Holy poo poo Dallas

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

grack posted:

Holy poo poo Dallas

well it's looked like a huge collapse, but when you consider that the Hurricanes were the team that deserved the 4-0 lead after 1 this game is 9-1 in my book.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The Hawks are gonna try so hard to get Kane an empty-netter that they'll end up losing because of it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
KANE GOT IT :siren:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ugh gently caress Kane

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

KKAANNEEE

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Well the point streak continues, but it really didn't deserve to tonight

Crow is the hero tonight

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
Maybe just let the streak go if you're just going to keep it going with silly EN points.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Ummagumma posted:

Well the point streak continues, but it really didn't deserve to tonight

Crow is the hero tonight

Crawford had an amazing night. Which ia great because we badly needed to beat the Preds

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Lord Crapulus posted:

Maybe just let the streak go if you're just going to keep it going with silly EN points.

Nah, this poo poo is hilarious now. He just has to beat Sid's record.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Lord Crapulus posted:

How many times was Gretzky's streak extended by ENGs?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

good work crow

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Phew.. though I could have gone for some 3v3.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

what a loving joke.

NHL should just award the Hurricanes the points. Overturn this disgrace of a win.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Hockey was really bad tonight

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Sorry Carolina, Hurricanes deserved 3 points for their effort tonight.

"good teams win when they play bad" gently caress off

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Niemi just recorded a no-shot no-save win.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

DOOMocrat posted:

Niemi just recorded a no-shot no-save win.

A feat accomplished previously only by goaltenders who subbed in for the shootout?

I'm sure it's happened before outside of that too.. Nothing new under the sun.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

How many times was Gretzky's streak extended by ENGs?

gonna go out on a limb and say that that wasn't a factor

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

what a loving joke.

NHL should just award the Hurricanes the points. Overturn this disgrace of a win.

gently caress that. You take the dirty wins, the undeserved wins, and you take them with a smile. Dallas can be picky when they're a guaranteed playoff presence.

I'm not happy with the Stars tonight, don't get me wrong, but I am taking the goddamned points and running for the hills.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Aurora posted:

gonna go out on a limb and say that that wasn't a factor

The Oilers also averaged how many GPG during that time?

I mean, this is cheesy. But it's fun, and loving funny to watch.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress that. You take the dirty wins, the undeserved wins, and you take them with a smile. Dallas can be picky when they're a guaranteed playoff presence.

I'm not happy with the Stars tonight, don't get me wrong, but I am taking the goddamned points and running for the hills.

Yeah, I'm going with this. We've got like 3 easy games left until the schedule gets real. Bank all the points you can.

But yeah, I only caught the first and half of the third and ooooh man did the stars get lucky. Though, to be fair, they've maintained the trend of trying for and largely getting only high quality chances.

Klingberg and Seguin still own hard.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
At this point I have to assume that the West is really bad and the Kings only have decent points because they play against bad teams more often.

NHL really needs to bring teams to Seattle and Vegas.

e: also wow, Kane still got a point?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

The Stars either dominate a team or get dominated. There just doesn't seem to be much middle ground this year.

Hope the Hurricanes hang on to that coach of theirs, he has them playing at a level that few teams in the league can match. The bounces and a playoff spot will come.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Starsfan posted:

The Stars either dominate a team or get dominated. There just doesn't seem to be much middle ground this year.

Hope the Hurricanes hang on to that coach of theirs, he has them playing at a level that few teams in the league can match. The bounces and a playoff spot will come.

Not with Cam Ward in net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo

Starsfan posted:

I really hope Peters doesn't end up as the fall guy for the Canes' place in the standings. I'm not sure what else he can be expected to do with this group. The real issue with the team, unlucky bounces notwithstanding, is the poo poo top-heavy roster put together by Rutherford with guys like Ward, Skinner, and the Staals not producing nearly enough to justify their large unmovable contracts, and as a result the rest of the team consists mostly of young unproven players and borderline NHL'ers.

Also Justin Faulk owns so loving hard. 1st in the NHL in PPG's and tied for 17th in total goals among all skaters, not just defensemen. And the dude's only 23 years old.

• Locked thread