Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will champs be come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Weidman/Aldo 79 53.02%
Weidman/McGregor 38 25.50%
Rockhold/Aldo 20 13.42%
Rockhold/McGregor 12 8.05%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Posture Guy's Lament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Audio of rogan talking to production about Aldo looking soft and nervous

https://streamable.com/yfai

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Miching Mallecho posted:

If only he could harness off-air chatter prescience to that "IT'S LOCKED IN!!!! oh he let it go" radar

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Miching Mallecho posted:

I thought he looked a bit soft too actually.

Not that it matters in a 13 second fight. With so little to go on everyone is left analyzing minutiae to death.

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001
i know he won't get one, but I would like to see Aldo get a rematch. dude was a dominant champ for so long and I was so looking forward to the two of them beating the poo poo out of one another. I'm much more interested in that match and giving weidman a rematch than I am in cain vs werdum or ronda vs holly.

Blancone
Apr 5, 2015

idontcare posted:

i know he won't get one, but I would like to see Aldo get a rematch. dude was a dominant champ for so long and I was so looking forward to the two of them beating the poo poo out of one another. I'm much more interested in that match and giving weidman a rematch than I am in cain vs werdum or ronda vs holly.

I'd rather watch a McGregor vs Edgar match for the title. Aldo lost in 13 seconds, even though he was a great champ for so long, he shouldn't be granted a rematch immediately

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

to be fair, Conor DID say he was going to knock him out in the first.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blancone posted:

I'd rather watch a McGregor vs Edgar match for the title. Aldo lost in 13 seconds, even though he was a great champ for so long, he shouldn't be granted a rematch immediately

The thing is that he's the number 1 contender by a mile no matter how you slice it. He beat the poo poo out of Edgar, so why would Edgar be more deserving of a title shot?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Volkerball posted:

The thing is that he's the number 1 contender by a mile no matter how you slice it. He beat the poo poo out of Edgar, so why would Edgar be more deserving of a title shot?

This post confuses me

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Volkerball posted:

he absolutely did not beat the poo poo out of edgar. and why would edgar be more deserving? he just annihilated full-camp chad mendes in about a minute on top of an extremely dominant string of wins over top tier opponents

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lloyd Boner posted:

This post confuses me

It's about Aldo. Aldo went undefeated and worked over that entire weight class for years and years. There was nobody in it who could challenge him until McGregor. So there's 2 guys at that weight class with a steep drop off to 3rd best. Why wouldn't you have them fight again?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Volkerball posted:

It's about Aldo. Aldo went undefeated and worked over that entire weight class for years and years. There was nobody in it who could challenge him until McGregor. So there's 2 guys at that weight class with a steep drop off to 3rd best. Why wouldn't you have them fight again?

what you're saying makes perfect sense if your entire knowledge of the divisions' history comes from wikipedia results.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Volkerball posted:

Oh cool so I guess you just don't watch fights

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I liked how Conor parried Aldo's right hand feint down to clear for the cross.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
Aldo murdering some guys other than challenging top-3 level to chase a Conor rematch is far better for us all. Aldo/McGregor 2 immediately is really only interesting to MMA fans and casuals will write it off (not that they won't watch, of course). Frankie makes a lot of sense next and Aldo will have time to rebuild a highlight reel (if possible) to get back there. It's a good opportunity for him to become someone people actually care about if he's vocally chasing the guy everyone pays attention to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

• Locked thread