Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Prorat posted:

All unemployed people on welfare/unemployment should be forced to pick up trash in their community when not looking for a job. Why do they get free poo poo and get to sit around when not looking for job? 40 hours of some kind of work should be mandatory for all US citizens.

we should put them to work faking the moon landing imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lfield posted:

then we wouldn't need trash guys & they'd be unemployed

no, they would be employed, picking up trash like before, but they would now only get welfare instead of a wage. a much more efficient system

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Most people on welfare can't work, at least in Canada

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

lfield posted:

that, and it can have negative effects on growth. sorry mr buisness owner, you can't expand because there's nobody to hire, we're paying all the poor people to scare birds away from buildings or pick up tin cans or something

gotta keep a portion of the labor fluid. any capitalist society should realize this and compensate with a robust welfare system, ha, lol, etc

unless he offers them a better paying and/or more rewarding job than bird scaring

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

We need more military units to help defend our civilization.

Fear my stealth destroyer!

:911:

drat this is james bond as hell when will we have a fleet of these badboys?

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Professor Shark posted:

Most people on welfare can't work, at least in Canada

They could at least run on a treadmill to generate energy or crank a hand wheel.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

I like how my friends on Facebook that are the angriest about Poors and Welfare are the ones who grew up Poor and on Welfare

Having escaped being poor and on welfare, I can say...

Well, gently caress you. You'd never understand anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

GORDON posted:

Having escaped being poor and on welfare, I can say...

Well, gently caress you. You'd never understand anyway.

I think that the ones who have "escaped" are terrified that they'll be right back there if they make the wrong move.

Hell, my girlfriend grew up poor and she and her family can be less than charitable towards the poor, and that's exactly what their situation is.

• Locked thread