Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If the US, UK, or other governments are using gamification to increase control of their populations, that sounds like here would be a good place to discuss it. Same as if anyone want to make a meaningful comparison with social media reputation systems.

Otherwise, yeah, there are other threads out there, and nobody is being forced to post in or even read this one.

And thus let us end the meta-discussion, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In the last Democratic debate Hillary bunted on personal encryption/NSA etc by saying we need a 'moonshot program' of experts to work things out because she does not understand the technology (I doubt Bernie is much better).

Shouldn't such an effort be a package of constitutional amendments that integrate information technology into the state? This could revolutionize the economy.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ddraig posted:

You see this post? It's the rhetorical equivalent of the Chinese anti-suicide net.

The Chinese are terrible in many, many ways - out of all of the criticisms to use against them, a lovely credit rating system is by far the least important. If you really want to make a difference in the average life of a Chinese person, instead of making hand-wringing "Isn't that terrible?" points you should probably focus on more important aspects like horrendous worker conditions fuelled by outsourcing and lovely trade agreements not being enforced or outright lied about.

Until then it's just putting a net up and not really looking into why people are jumping.

Compared to the Chinese how important is it that a game developed by someone who allegedly liked a neo-nazi page be unable to sell a game on steam?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Stinky_Pete posted:

You can still game it though—Chinese people just need to get really good at sarcasm, and talk in code words.

I think they're already ahead of that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKx1aenJK08

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Another authoritarian regimes makes the usual mistake of being to obvious. You can have the same effect by letting these structures grow organically, being offered for free and viewed as a blessing to many (facebook et al).

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Another authoritarian regimes makes the usual mistake of being to obvious. You can have the same effect by letting these structures grow organically, being offered for free and viewed as a blessing to many (facebook et al).

That is what they are doing now by having the first phase of the roll-out be a voluntary game on social media.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Powercrazy posted:

Compared to the Chinese how important is it that a game developed by someone who allegedly liked a neo-nazi page be unable to sell a game on steam?

An interesting hypothetical. Are the Chinese drink driving at the time? This might influence my answer.

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!
Hi I'm not really convinced that this will definitely happen and most certainly be the worst thing to ever happen to the Chinese people, or actually even work if implemented. I now invite the OP to furiously project and call me a "loving" autistic barely functioning retard who eats breakfast cereal with gasoline for not being completely committed to his opinions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Well there isn't a whole lot on Sesame Credit to be found on the net tbh. They're being about as subtle as it's possible to be about this sort of stuff.

I wonder how the Chinese social media is going to react to this once people start cluing into what's actually going on. I mean even living in an authoritarian system under the kind of total shitheels that make up the CPC, there's gotta be a point where people start going 'nope nope nope nope' in large enough numbers for it to start worrying the leadership.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

China Uncensored has already reported on this in May by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYBSX-lNsI

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

China Uncensored has already reported on this in May by the way:

added to the op

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Friendly Tumour posted:

Please go poo poo up some other thread with your racist projections and crap satire.

Well, a couple posters have shown you proof that many of the things you/the youtube video mentioned in the OP either aren't true or have no evidence, and you are still keeping the same youtube video in the OP.

Saying, "well, it's still true that the Chinese government might do these things in the future!" is one of the most obvious examples of goalpost shifting that I've ever seen. Yes, it is a serious issue and still warrants discussion. But it also helps discussion to acknowledge when existing points have been debunked.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The OP will NOT be edited. Thank you.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
My first two thoughts when presented with this program were "I'm fascinated to see how this actually works in practice going forward" and "I admire its purity."

I think I may be a sci-fi dystopian villain.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Your cyberpunk dystopia awaits.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Friendly Tumour posted:

The OP will NOT be edited. Thank you.

Have you ever considered joining the CPC? You might have a bright future ahead of you.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014

spoon0042 posted:

So when a Republican wins the presidency, got it.

Isn't Rand Paul the guy who ranted and filibustered about government drones or am I high?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ddraig posted:

Have you ever considered joining the CPC? You might have a bright future ahead of you.

Have you ever considered making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Eskaton posted:

Isn't Rand Paul the guy who ranted and filibustered about government drones or am I high?

He's a pseudo-libertarian so he occasionally raises issues about that kind of thing, yes.

On the other hand he went on to say he doesn't have a problem with a drone gunning down someone suspicious exiting a liquor store.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Friendly Tumour posted:

Have you ever considered making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level.

Your bending of the facts and denial of contradictory evidence is good, but you're going to have to work on your putdowns if you want to reach the high standards of the CPC. I'm sorry I suggested it in the first place.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
So is there a sign up/ open beta yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

UltraRed posted:

So is there a sign up/ open beta yet?

It's in pre-alpha tech demo stage right now. Currently looking into possibility for partnering wtih maverick game developer Chris Roberts

• Locked thread