Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
cowboy, more like clownboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

K8.0 posted:

Pettis is a better version of Cowboy and RDA poo poo on him. I don't know what you expected. That was more dominant than I expected but it was always going to be a one sided fight unless Cowboy got super lucky.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
Nice performance by Overeem, losing to Ben Rothwell a year ago and then beating JDS is really funny.

And that next level, new breed UFC heavyweight division turned out be ehh.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
just watched the fights

well, not the women's one, I just assumed that Karolina won and looked up the results and said yup.

johnson looked okay against diaz in the first, then he stopped throwing to the body entirely while nate got his jab game going strong. I'm surprised johnson hung in there, honestly.

overeem vs. JDS = zzzzzzzzz I skipped to the finish after 1 round because I knew watching it wasn't going to be worth it. I did feel like JDS is slow as poo poo now, though some of Overeem's speed is probably down to him being much smaller these days. Good on him, never want to watch that fight ever again.

cerrone came out moving well, but as usual he gets hit a million times and welp down he goes.

Wonder who's gonna win the Conor McGregor sweepstakes? Conor vs. RDA isn't a money fight IMO, but I don't see the UFC giving Nate a big money fight either considering everything he's done.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Not sure how Conor v Rda would go. I could see Rda taking Conor to the ground repeatedly like he did to Pettis. Mendes had some success against Conor doing that, and unlike Mendes RDA has enough size that he might be strong enough to actually keep Conor there.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just got back to my hotel room and caught up on the thread. Tonight was awesome. The JDS stoppage might have been a bit early but I'm perfectly OK with when it was stopped. Cowboy can't take a liver shot. Kaufman is not good and threw basically no strikes despite being the second best striker at 135. Judging was horrible. People yelled Khabib! at me all night for wearing a papakha. 10/10 would go to fights again.

sarah kaufman is not the 2nd best striker at 135, i am not sure who started this rumor but being a good striker was never true for her in strikeforce even when she was the champ.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Not sure how Conor v Rda would go. I could see Rda taking Conor to the ground repeatedly like he did to Pettis. Mendes had some success against Conor doing that, and unlike Mendes RDA has enough size that he might be strong enough to actually keep Conor there.

it would be really funny because RDA would successfully wrestle conor for several rounds before getting iced by a great straight left.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
they should make the diaz fight because it would easily do the best buy rate out of all available options and because of the very real possibilityof a gunnar nelson/jake shields adcc hotel lobby brawl

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Poor Frankie. Give him a chance to fight someone for he belt, make Conor vacate it at the very least if he's ducking out of the weight class to do a Diaz

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

1st AD posted:

sarah kaufman is not the 2nd best striker at 135, i am not sure who started this rumor but being a good striker was never true for her in strikeforce even when she was the champ.

I agree with you, but that's what Rogan said before the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

• Locked thread