Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I work with a guy who is about 35 and uses them constantly…
............tell us more!!!!!!!!!

Honestly the thing that broke my heart the most about hearing those ascribed to Boomer sensibilities is that I adored using them sarcastically but imagined it still makes me look old when I do so

Pham Nuwen posted:

The true Boomer move is to just start hitting "." or worse "," whenever your brain slips out of gear and don't stop until you figure out the next thing you're going
to write.

my horse,,,,,,,,,,won't eat his multivitamins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do u have any ideas????
This is extraordinarily true yet I have never seen it explained so perfectly so thank you for the context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

LimaBiker posted:

Now including 4 extra Boomer elipses!

Cna you just in imagine if the e ad was made by younger zoombers XDXDXD

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

The true Boomer move is to just start hitting "." or worse "," whenever your brain slips out of gear and don't stop until you figure out the next thing you're going
to write.

my horse,,,,,,,,,,won't eat his multivitamins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do u have any ideas????

What I love about this trope it seems to be very international. Lot of boomer stuff I read online seem to be very US boomer centric, but the countless ellipses or commas are the thing that binds all boomers together around the world.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

The true Boomer move is to just start hitting "." or worse "," whenever your brain slips out of gear and don't stop until you figure out the next thing you're going to write.

This could literally be an email from my dad.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

My grandparents refuse to read anything that isn't in comic sans.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

credburn posted:

My grandparents refuse to read anything that isn't in comic sans.

I wish I could live this life.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

EVIL Gibson posted:

I wish I could live this life.

Angrily scrawling "return to sender" on any envelope that comes through my letterbox that's not got Papyrus or Wingdings on it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Ironically, engineers can't even do basic multiplication without a calculator now.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Star Man posted:

Ironically, engineers can't even do basic multiplication without a calculator now.

The guys in the ad were literally using mechanical calculators to do multiplication

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Doing multiplication in your head is a neat party trick, but no one actually cares when you can use a device that always gives the right answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Andrew Tate said that you should never waste time multiplying in your head, you should only multiply women giving you head.