Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

A misanthrope posted:

our young hunters may substitute bbws

:quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

the great deceiver posted:

oh thank god, i'm a coward so u have to kill me first fyi

i just got some insoles for my non-slip boots and tbh i think they gently caress my feet up more, yet another good reason to end it all

for real tho if i ever kill myself it will be in front of a lovely customer so they have to live with the image for the rest of their lives

all 16 of you want separate checks?? *BANG*

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I like tattoos. I have 2 of my own.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

A misanthrope posted:

for real tho if i ever kill myself it will be in front of a lovely customer so they have to live with the image for the rest of their lives

i like your style, i work back of the house so if i ever do it it will be in front of one of the hysterical waitresses screaming at me to make the food for all 15 tickets i have magically appear

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

A misanthrope posted:

Wow your life must be hard.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

osirisisdead posted:

Wow your life must be hard.

I am being sarcastic.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Neurosis posted:

after following your postings on islam threads i know you are an ignorant poo poo and feel no confidence your tattoo is 'pretty sweet'

lmao this guy right here

i don't even know what im posting half the time sometimes i say build a trump dome and nuke the middle east and sometimes i say it's all amerikka's fault

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

osirisisdead posted:

I am being sarcastic.

thats cool man i like you. seem like a funny an laid back guy (not sarcastic)

i like your style, i work back of the house so if i ever do it it will be in front of one of the hysterical waitresses screaming at me to make the food for all 15 tickets i have magically appear

im digging the whole psychological terror aspect of this. how do we make public spite suicides a trend? (jk NSA i am not with ISIS)

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Likewise, buddy. I was merely commenting on the triteness of complaining about service industry jobs when there are jobs out there that people can actually die or get maimed while doing that don't really pay all that well.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

A misanthrope posted:

im digging the whole psychological terror aspect of this. how do we make public spite suicides a trend? (jk NSA i am not with ISIS)

inshallah the prophet (pbuh) will guide us

edit: ps feds i already have an fbi file and it has nothing to do with terrorism please double check if needed thank you

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

osirisisdead posted:

Likewise, buddy. I was merely commenting on the triteness of complaining about service industry jobs when there are jobs out there that people can actually die or get maimed while doing that don't really pay all that well.

that doesnt make service industry jobs any better though

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

you arent allowed to complain about things, if there are worse things

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

All hail Enfield and TGD - Honky you're the worst, most milquetoast poster on the forums - we don't need your raggedy rear end.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

inshallah the prophet (pbuh) will guide us

edit: ps feds i already have an fbi file and it has nothing to do with terrorism please double check if needed thank you

:respek:

seeya in guantanamo

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

osirisisdead posted:

gently caress that, have you worked in a kitchen? imagine your hand going into one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh0aPRWwHbQ

misanthrope i hope we are at least waterboarded together

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
service industry jobs are seriously piece of poo poo underpaying soul crushing jobs lmao if you're seriously like 'don't complain at least you aren't getting blown up in the Middle East!'

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I agree. Restaurant culture is kind of a lovely thing in general and I genuinely hate people who take their servers for granted! I have generally had access to capital beyond just my body while doing such service industry jobs, whether that be cars to do pizza delivery, tools to do residential contracting work, or what have you, so I can't really comment on what it is like to be a server at a restaurant where your entire work-life is contingent on only your body and maybe a pad and pen. I'm more talking about fishermen and lumberjacks than soldiering, which is also lovely.

I do think that the American tipping culture, where business owners are absolved from paying their employees because we were basically a lawless frontier wasteland for much of our development as a nation, is more of the problem. There is maybe a spiritual hole in that part of America that requires smiling, an entirely useless physical act, in order to be considered to be "doing your job"

I'm drunk.

P.S. I spent a year living without running water or electricity in the forest and spent a good portion of my 20s homeless, so idk what y'alls lives are actually like. Every shower I take is a fuckin' blessing.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 23, 2015

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

pretty appropriate that the tattoo thread turned into a discussion on the merits of working in the service industry imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

pretty appropriate that the tattoo thread turned into a discussion on the merits of working in the service industry imo

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

rofl

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I don't like tattoos or body mods. I know a few very sweet people with both; my best friend's husband is a tattoo artist who is one of the nicest guys I know. I also have lots of friends and aquantinces with tats.

That being said, noticeable tattoos on men intimidate me and bring up my fight or flight response a bit until I'm sure that person is normal/not a threat. Tattoos and body mods on women look disgusting and trashy to me no matter what, but it varies on how extreme they are.

I hate tattoos and I wish people wouldn't get them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dethkon posted:

Tattoos and body mods on women look disgusting and trashy to me no matter what, but it varies on how extreme they are.

kinda half the point imo

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Exploding lava lamp, right shoulder. Needs freshed up and extended to a sleeve of hot globs and broken glass.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

osirisisdead posted:

I agree. Restaurant culture is kind of a lovely thing in general and I genuinely hate people who take their servers for granted! I have generally had access to capital beyond just my body while doing such service industry jobs, whether that be cars to do pizza delivery, tools to do residential contracting work, or what have you, so I can't really comment on what it is like to be a server at a restaurant where your entire work-life is contingent on only your body and maybe a pad and pen. I'm more talking about fishermen and lumberjacks than soldiering, which is also lovely.

I do think that the American tipping culture, where business owners are absolved from paying their employees because we were basically a lawless frontier wasteland for much of our development as a nation, is more of the problem. There is maybe a spiritual hole in that part of America that requires smiling, an entirely useless physical act, in order to be considered to be "doing your job"

I'm drunk.

P.S. I spent a year living without running water or electricity in the forest and spent a good portion of my 20s homeless, so idk what y'alls lives are actually like. Every shower I take is a fuckin' blessing.

that's when i learned you were a true poet

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am crying, a little, from the joy of that reaction. It may also have something to do with the music from Six Sting Samurai... Probably both.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

osirisisdead posted:

I am crying, a little, from the joy of that reaction. It may also have something to do with the music from Six Sting Samurai... Probably both.

i don't know where on this godforsaken rock we call earth you reside but i want you to know that i am currently getting severely drunk along with you, friend

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahaha, we don't need God 88.27% of the time. And that 11.73% of the time is most of History!

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

osirisisdead posted:

Hahaha, we don't need God 88.27% of the time. And that 11.73% of the time is most of History!

ok whatever well i'm in california if ur down to gently caress

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

♫ SAN DI-E-GO, SUPERCHARGERS! ♫

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Don't just type it out, SING IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNOfvyPpaM

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

oh my god lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
BONUS ROUND: BENDER SINGING IT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw5mkSnqOM8

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lmao

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I generally like tattoos. I have quite a few. I spend quite a long time deciding exactly what to get, often months, before I am ready to get ink. What I don't like are poorly planned out, spur-of-the-moment tattoos. I've been in the shop getting tattooed when girls who had just turned 18 came in to get one. They didn't know what they wanted, and were looking over the flash to decide. That is a ticket to regret.

My tattoos are all nerdy, mostly scientific symbols and signatures of scientists I hold in high regard. I don't regret any of them, but I didn't get my first one until I was over 35, so I was pretty well set in my life. I am very nerdy, and my tattoos reflect me quite well. And it doesn't seem to have damaged my career at all. Of course, I don't have hand or face tattoos.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

gotta be honest, wasn't expecting that genesplicer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Tattoos look better on black people because the effect is more subtle. On white people it looks too garish in my opinion.

That being said I don't have any tats and won't get any either. When I look back at things I wrote ten or fifteen years ago, I inevitably cringe at how foolish it seems. I have to imagine the same thing would hold true for tattoos.

• Locked thread