Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argus Zant posted:

do I have that about right

Well no cause the Titans the main villains of the second series were an earth group and huge assholes. Plus the Earth Federation pretty much did jackshit during the conflicts in Zeta and ZZ as well. The AEUG the protagonists of Zeta and ZZ are mainly composed of colonists. (They even have members that used to belong to Zeon and the Titans.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well no cause the Titans the main villains of the second series were an earth group and huge assholes. Plus the Earth Federation pretty much did jackshit during the conflicts in Zeta and ZZ as well. The AEUG the protagonists of Zeta and ZZ are mainly composed of colonists. (They even have members that used to belong to Zeon and the Titans.)

So as usual, it's 'Earth rules, everyone drools.'

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

MonsterEnvy posted:

Iron Blooded Orphans has nothing to do withe OG Gundam stuff.

AND NOW THIS BORING poo poo IS INVOLVED HERE TOO? GODDAMN IT, gently caress OFF GUNDAM YOU BORING MECH SHOW.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Hot Fuzz is still a good movie

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If TwoPair doesn't have a new thread up by the time I wake up I'll throw something together

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crabtree posted:

AND NOW THIS BORING poo poo IS INVOLVED HERE TOO? GODDAMN IT, gently caress OFF GUNDAM YOU BORING MECH SHOW.

He was literally saying it wasn't. IBO is a separate universe from the main Gundam continuity. Calm the hell down, dude.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt
Let's see how many people we can get in here

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We literally sat through a woman explicitly molesting her daughter onscreen at one point during our years, and it's a series being maybe kinda boring that finally releases this vitrol? Jesus, man.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
New dragonball and a new gundam series on toonami gonna make me feel like a kid again. I wish they would air the gundam wing series again but maybe they don't have the rights to it or something.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

He was literally saying it wasn't. IBO is a separate universe from the main Gundam continuity. Calm the hell down, dude.

I'm sorry, its already 2017 and I can't believe there's more Dumb Orphans and SAO coming our way.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

If TwoPair doesn't have a new thread up by the time I wake up I'll throw something together

I got it. I mean if you just really wanna, then you can, but I'll be done tweaking the old one in a couple of hours now that I'm home and sobering up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crabtree posted:

I'm sorry, its already 2017 and I can't believe there's more Dumb Orphans and SAO coming our way.

Unicorn isn't loving Iron Blooded Orphans, you loving moron! And there's no loving SAO!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TwoPair posted:

I got it. I mean if you just really wanna, then you can, but I'll be done tweaking the old one in a couple of hours now that I'm home and sobering up.

Nah man go for it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

Unicorn isn't loving Iron Blooded Orphans, you loving moron! And there's no loving SAO!

Didn't they get another season or are you trying to make me forget that?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's not a given that IBO season 2 is gonna air on Toonami. Likely but not confirmed in any way.

You guys will hate Unicorn but I will at least say that it's OVA quality robot fight animation that happens more often than the fights in IBO. So there's that

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

IBO has been a drain on the block from the way LFV talks so season 2 coming to Toonami seems like it would be a surprise.

Unicorn is good for mecha animation and not much else. It has some positive spots but in its determination to ape MSG to its fullest it completely squanders them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Toonami aired Shelter
which features a song by Porter Robinson
who is the younger brother of Nick Robinson
who features in several Polygon projects with Griffin McElroy

Four degrees of separation from McElroy Brothers!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've seen people say the few spoken lines were cut for some reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

An edited version was accidentally aired, according to DeMarco.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Oh Snapple! posted:

IBO has been a drain on the block from the way LFV talks so season 2 coming to Toonami seems like it would be a surprise.

Unicorn is good for mecha animation and not much else. It has some positive spots but in its determination to ape MSG to its fullest it completely squanders them.

Wait really? I thought the Toonami crowd ate up poo poo and loved it?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My assumption that season 2 could air is based on the fact that they aired season 1. Who knows

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Toonami should just air G Gundam again imo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Still gonna air Turn A on Goonami.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did goku just blow up heaven

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

frank.club posted:

Did he just blow up that planet or did he also take out snake way itself?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How many times has a Dbz arc or story ended with the lesson "when you're beating the bad guy just loving murder him before he remembers to point his destrecto beam at the planet and blow it up".

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crabtree posted:

Did he just blow up that planet or did he also take out snake way itself?

There goes helf

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

frank.club posted:

... again?

frank.club posted:

There goes helf

HFIL

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ranzear posted:

... again?

HFIL

Oh man I forgot. At least krillen gets to have his sex robot that he can somehow reproduce with

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

frank.club posted:

Oh man I forgot. At least krillen gets to have his sex robot that he can somehow reproduce with
Because she's actually a cyborg!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JT Jag posted:

Because she's actually a cyborg!

Little kid me forgot a lot of this poo poo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cell after watching one episode of JoJo: And then I got really lucky and picked up all this bullshit to continue the plot a little longer

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

frank.club posted:

Ah nevermind, I thought you were watching Super. I think blowing up Kai's planet is just the first time...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ranzear posted:

Ah nevermind, I thought you were watching Super. I think blowing up Kai's planet is just the first time...

Nah I'll wait till it's on toonami. I heard super wasn't very good? I think I got confused on that info. Is super the same arcs as BotG and Res F?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

frank.club posted:

Nah I'll wait till it's on toonami. I heard super wasn't very good? I think I got confused on that info. Is super the same arcs as BotG and Res F?

Super starts out by retelling Battle of Gods and Resurrection F (very badly in the former's case, actually an improvement in the latter's case) before moving on to its own stuff, which is pretty good (also the single best Dragon Ball episode ever.)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Super starts out by retelling Battle of Gods and Resurrection F (very badly in the former's case, actually an improvement in the latter's case) before moving on to its own stuff, which is pretty good (also the single best Dragon Ball episode ever.)

Maybe I'll wait or go find the best episode ever then

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

frank.club posted:

Maybe I'll wait or go find the best episode ever then

Just watch it on shuffle for that O.G. Toonami experience.

(But really, Batman:TAS is best this way)

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Tonight we die like real men when I'll be showing Food Fight again at 9:00 PM EST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Alright kids here's your new thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803682

• Locked thread