Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tales of zestiria had lots of big problems but it was also the game i liked the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is a weird year for me because there's no one "this was the best."

Witcher 3 had the best plot.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is the game I spent the most time on and had the best exploration.
Undertale was probably the game I just enjoyed the most.
Bloodborne had amazing combat and core gameplay.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ImpAtom posted:

This is a weird year for me because there's no one "this was the best."

Witcher 3 had the best plot.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is the game I spent the most time on and had the best exploration.
Undertale was probably the game I just enjoyed the most.
Bloodborne had amazing combat and core gameplay.

problem solved

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Witcher 3

Honorable Mention to Bloodborne

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Orv posted:

On merit: Witcher 3.

On having subsumed my existence the most: Siege.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
duck game

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
1. Witcher 3
2. MGS V: TPP: AHKG
3. Bloodborne

Undertale, aka "lovely Earthbound," is a poo poo game for people who think feelings are mechanics.

bloodysabbath fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 7, 2016

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
it's p. obviously witcher 3

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Deus Ex. Game of the year, every year.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

1. Witcher 3
2. MGS V: TPP: AHKG
3. Bloodborne

Undertale, aka "lovely Earthbound," is a poo poo game for people who think feelings are mechanics.

you sound upset

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Ori and the Blind Forest for me.
I kind of wanted to say Pillars of Eternity, but PoE holds the distinction of being that game with the patches that broke more than they fixed.
Invisible Inc. could have been it if it had a better story and the agent personalities were more fleshed out.

Also, I didn't play Witcher 3 or Bloodborne. Witcher 3 especially could probably have been up there for me, except I can't bring myself to take Geralt seriously at all.
Undertale is an interesting experience contained in an overall pretty average game. I mean, everybody that doesn't hate it on sight should probably get it at its asking price, but as an overall game? Eeehhh.

Edit: Also, honorable mention to Darkest Dungeon for being the game I poopsocked the hardest.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The best game I played this year was Witcher 3 but the game I played the most was Dota 2.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
A tossup between MGS V and Witcher 3. As a big fan of both franchises they blew my socks straight off. While MGS V felt a bit flat and boring coming straight off of Witcher 3, it really grew on me the more I played it.

Now, the game I had most fun with in 2015 that didn't come out in that year was Yakuza 4. Nothing like fishing a squid out of the ocean, then attaching it to a spear and beat up Japanese gangsters with it. Also it taught me stuff about whiskey I didn't know!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
GTA5 PC for me. It came out this year so it counts for me. I've never played the console versions.
Runners up would be Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne in no particular order. I haven't played MGSV yet.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm going to vote for Super Mario Maker.
It allowed me to live a dream and is a whole heck ton of fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Life is Strange, bae before bay

• Locked thread