Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Plato posted:

But later, an unmusical anarchy was led by poets who had natural talent, but were ignorant of the laws of music...Through foolishness they deceived themselves into thinking that there was no right or wrong way in music, that it was to be judged good or bad by the pleasure it gave. By their works and their theories they infected the masses with the presumption to think themselves adequate judges. So our theatres, once silent, grew vocal, and aristocracy of music gave way to a pernicious theatrocracy...the criterion was not music, but a reputation for promiscuous cleverness and a spirit of law-breaking.
- Plato, Laws

One of the oldest scholars from 400 BCE was literally a grumpy dad complaining about this new devil music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Zzulu posted:

I only listen to tibetan throat reggae anyway

Where can I get my hands on this heady poo poo.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm 32 and if anything, my dick works much better than when I was younger

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I was in a shop earlier and used one of the programs on my phone (also known as an "app" to youngsters) to identify a song and it was fucken Coldplay. And I think in a couple more years I don't think I'd even feel shame about this.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I'm having a wonderful time. All the hot chicks that wouldn't give me a second thought in my 20's are finally coming around to give me their sloppy seconds. Nice guys do finish last.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Coldplay makes catchy tunes, I don't know why people are at such pains to claim they don't enjoy them.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

White people LOVE Coldplay.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
My friends and I used to go on adventures! (yes, I had friends.) It's been long enough that I'm sure the statute of limitations is up.
In the middle of the night we'd often drive out to abandoned places like the brewery, which was amazing!, or the flower mill or find our way into places through steam tunnels and sewers.
We don't adventure anymore because, "9/11 changed everything." It makes me sad because the guys who inspired us were my age now back then. Action Squad, I believe they called themselves.

We don't talk on live video phone every day like we thought we would when we were younger. But most of us still keep in touch regularly enough through IM, text, e-mail, phone, and every now and then video call and/or Minecraft.

When I was a young pup I always looked forward to the fantastic future. Now that I'm here I can't stop looking back and imagining what could have been... I hate touch screens.

Anybody ever go on any sweet adventures!?

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Am I the only one who lost all zest for life and no longer find joy in anything now that I'm 30?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
"Sledgehammer" is on the jukebox right now. I graduated college when that came out.
I'll still pass for 30-ish in a dark smoky bar but when does the dieing begin?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Champenema posted:

I'll still pass for 30-ish in a dark smoky bar but when does the dieing begin?

https://youtu.be/zzKUzRJUzQ0?t=1m15s

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

TequilaJesus posted:

Am I the only one who lost all zest for life and no longer find joy in anything now that I'm 30?

No, but that happened to me at 24.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

TequilaJesus posted:

I'm the opposite. I was way more cynical in my 20s. Now I enjoy cute cat pictures and meditating and poo poo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Agree with other fine goons, my dick is in prime form and I won't be ashamed of it. This is the best time of life.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Chief McHeath posted:

Gay white people LOVE Coldplay.

Fixed

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I haven't had sex in so long, I can't remember who gets tied up.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Also, I'm so out of touch with pop culture. When I was a kid, I didn't know how adults could be so out of the loop. Now I have no idea where I would find the time to be in the loop.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The General posted:

I haven't had sex in so long, I can't remember who gets tied up.

I bet I have everyone beat on longest time since I last had sex without the answer being never.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

was going to post exactly that

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

So what's it like, so close to death?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

Freeing actually. You can look at a sexual partner ten years younger than you and just bust out a "Look, do you want to gently caress or not?"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

Freeing actually. You can look at a sexual partner ten years younger than you and just bust out a "Look, do you want to gently caress or not?"

I could do that now, but I'm not an rear end in a top hat. Also, I'm gay.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Infidel Castro posted:

I bet I have everyone beat on longest time since I last had sex without the answer being never.

I bet you dont ..........:(

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Airborne Viking posted:

- Plato, Laws

One of the oldest scholars from 400 BCE was literally a grumpy dad complaining about this new devil music

this is seriously hilarious

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

You can say that to gays too, just make sure your bull is okay with it too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

Your mom has never said no to it. :confused:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

BirryJoru posted:

Anybody ever go on any sweet adventures!?

When I was 10-12, I thought nothing of riding my bike 20 or 30 miles in a day. Mom never worried as long as I was home by dark.

I used to hitchhike hundreds of miles when I was a teenager for whatever reason. I used to hitch to DC and spend a day wandering through the Smithsonian and around the mall. I told some of my stories about it in E/N a few years ago. I'd dig them up and c/p here but no archives.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

People still bone well into their 80's

sex drives never go away now.

There's almost no differences in the over 30 and over 40 crowd now except for one.

The people in their 40's tend to have money/careers.

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

People still bone well into their 80's

sex drives never go away now.

There's almost no differences in the over 30 and over 40 crowd now except for one.

The people in their 40's tend to have money/careers.

Yeah, you either live large or fade away.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Airborne Viking posted:

- Plato, Laws

Plato is poo poo. The only philosopher worth a pot to piss in (or to piss on the floor) is Diogenes.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Squalitude posted:

I was in a shop earlier and used one of the programs on my phone (also known as an "app" to youngsters) to identify a song and it was fucken Coldplay. And I think in a couple more years I don't think I'd even feel shame about this.

as an old, i also forget everything. it sucks. then ill randomly remember it hours past the information's usefulness

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Plato is poo poo. The only philosopher worth a pot to piss in (or to piss on the floor) is Diogenes.

Diogenes is the kind of guy who's philosophy isn't really compatible with organized societies. it's not a surprise none of his work survived

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I'm good.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Being 30 and employable gets you interviews at places that pay well and have good benefits. Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Enophos posted:

Yeah, you either live large or fade away.

Wow truth bombs being dropped in the over 30 thread

• Locked thread