Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
"Blue Bloods" is a really loving terrible show
Yeah op :thumbsup:
No op :mad:
Tom Selleck :swoon:
Goku :goku:
View Results

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

According to the patron saint of reverse mortgages Fred Thompson, they were signed into law by the president most concerned with the plight of the poors, Ronald Reagan

Man that guy took the trust dumb White people put into him from his role on L&O and sold out for money! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

BigBoss posted:

My town has a hot lady cop. God bless.

how brown are you? i bet you could easily get her to shoot you several times until you die. if that's what you're into

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Professor Shark posted:

Man that guy took the trust dumb White people put into him from his role on L&O and sold out for money! :argh:

Yeah well he's dead now so joke's on him! Also on all the people who thought they'd sell their parents' houses when they croaked except j/k the bank owns them now lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

haljordan posted:

Yeah well he's dead now so joke's on him! Also on all the people who thought they'd sell their parents' houses when they croaked except j/k the bank owns them now lol

Some Baby Boomers are going to be pretty upset when they cannot pay off their Truck Debt and will never be able to go on that cruise vacation because their even dumber Boomer parents bought into something that they saw on TV haha

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

buttcoinbrony posted:

do you still remember the first season of magnum pi? because i dont and im pretty sure you should watch magnum pi instead of magnums mustache in a show about murderous irish cops

If you need to see Tom Selleck in a role where he solves crimes and can do no wrong, just watch the Rockford Files episodes where he shows up and pisses off Rockford with his endless good luck

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

haljordan posted:

Yeah, and hopefully there isn't anything important in your dead parents' house, since you might as little as 30 days from the day they die until the day the bank changes the locks.

americanoWsugar
May 4, 2012

I've never seen BB, but it sounds an awful lot like NCIS. They can do no wrong, and if they did, someone will cover for them, or the universe aligns to justify their actions.

I also hate the dreamy camera, and the cast can all go gently caress themselves.

And gently caress JAG. gently caress you fighter pilot/lawyer god.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

americanoWsugar posted:

I've never seen BB, but it sounds an awful lot like NCIS. They can do no wrong, and if they did, someone will cover for them, or the universe aligns to justify their actions.

I also hate the dreamy camera, and the cast can all go gently caress themselves.

And gently caress JAG. gently caress you fighter pilot/lawyer god.

NCIS, BB and Longmire are my dad's holy trilogy of cop shows.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I asked him if he had seen the wire and he said he caught one episode back when it was still airing, but had never gone back to it.

It's like passing up a steak for a hamburger.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Volcott posted:

NCIS, BB and Longmire are my dad's holy trilogy of cop shows.

i like longmire though

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Gaunab posted:

i like longmire though

real talk longmire is great

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
alright whatever

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Longmire season 1 is pretty good but it goes down hill fast. It should be comfortable being a general crime show that does "crime of the week" stuff. But then every episode is like numerous people murdered in this county of maybe 20k people and it evolves into the giant criminal conspiracy theory and its like wtf? It gets really, really lovely. Luckily the last season was produced by Netflix I think and the last half of that season is basically them returning to that original formula.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My ex liked Westerns and also Murder mysteries though so she was down spend all day netflixing and sexing.

Longmire is a 8/10 at least for that.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Volcott posted:

I asked him if he had seen the wire and he said he caught one episode back when it was still airing, but had never gone back to it.

Yeah I bought my dad the first season on DVD last Christmas and he's only watched one episode, and that's because I wanted to watch it.

He says he can't keep the characters straight, I think that all the African Americans are just too much for him :sigh:

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Nooner posted:

I like bojack horseman i cant wait for season 3!!!

I've seenthis one it was so unfunny. Struck me as a stupid liberal show.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

My ex liked Westerns and also Murder mysteries though so she was down spend all day netflixing and sexing.

Longmire is a 8/10 at least for that.

congrats on the sex

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Volcott posted:

Not even a good hamburger, like a McDonalds hamburger that's been sitting under the heat lamp all day.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sounds like this show is laughing straight to the bank making money off these whiny conservative idiots. 13 Million viewers a season for 6 seasons?! Wow that's solid.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tom Selleck was railing a line of coke off a black transexual hooker's lady penis while shooting white cops after the camera stops rolling.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

raditts posted:

If you need to see Tom Selleck in a role where he solves crimes and can do no wrong, just watch the Rockford Files episodes where he shows up and pisses off Rockford with his endless good luck

Or his Jesse Stone movies, those rule.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

It sounds like everyone involved just want to take money (in the form of viewer numbers) from dumb Conservatives

Waiting for Justice Scalia to make a long drawn out decision on something referencing this show.

You know he watches this weekly with one hand down his pants.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So the only way to stick it to the back with a reverse mortgage is if you don't die? But all that means is you sold your house to the bank and they only make a little bit off the transaction (whatever it appreciates in 30 years) instead of a ton? Or I guess if the market crashes after you lock in?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Between us trusting White folk... I think you should do it ;)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

So the only way to stick it to the back with a reverse mortgage is if you don't die? But all that means is you sold your house to the bank and they only make a little bit off the transaction (whatever it appreciates in 30 years) instead of a ton? Or I guess if the market crashes after you lock in?

It's not too difficult a concept: if you want to have sold-house money but also want to live in the house for a while/until you die, reverse mortgages work.

It's not even that bad an idea (presuming you're single and have no family), considering our corporate overlords are making it as hard as humanly possible to save up an actual retirement plan. What makes it scummy is that they explicitly target old grands' who are too old or insane to realize the sad commercial men are taking the family house after they die.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only good cop show on network TV is brooklyn nine-nine. cancel all the rest and put a moratorium on these cop shows where they are always right and nothing ever goes wrong

also the mother of tom brady's bastard son is in it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

It's not too difficult a concept: if you want to have sold-house money but also want to live in the house for a while/until you die, reverse mortgages work.

It's not even that bad an idea (presuming you're single and have no family), considering our corporate overlords are making it as hard as humanly possible to save up an actual retirement plan. What makes it scummy is that they explicitly target old grands' who are too old or insane to realize the sad commercial men are taking the family house after they die.

No I get the appeal, just trying to understand how it see any scenarios where it's not the bank blatantly making money hand over fist given who they target. Maybe your kids could hide your death and continue to collect the mortgage and SS benefits? That sounds like a good Blue Bloods plot

And in the single, no family example if you outlive the mortgage then you truly are SOL and in the hard to save for retirement example don't most people just sell the house and downsize to a cheap apartment in good awful Arizona

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 5, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

WhyteRyce posted:

No I get the appeal, just trying to understand how it see any scenarios where it's not the bank blatantly making money hand over fist given who they target. Maybe your kids could hide your death and continue to collect the mortgage and SS benefits? That sounds like a good Blue Bloods plot

And in the single, no family example if you outlive the mortgage then you truly are SOL and in the hard to save for retirement example don't most people just sell the house and downsize to a cheap apartment in good awful Arizona

What do you mean outlive the mortgage

You don't pay until you die or sell the house. Or do you mean run out of money and retirement+social security isnt enough to make the property tax paymente

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

the only good cop show on network TV is brooklyn nine-nine. cancel all the rest and put a moratorium on these cop shows where they are always right and nothing ever goes wrong

also the mother of tom brady's bastard son is in it

that show loving sucks too

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mange Mite posted:

What do you mean outlive the mortgage

You don't pay until you die or sell the house. Or do you mean run out of money and retirement+social security isnt enough to make the property tax paymente

You live through the end of the reverse mortgage and now have no home or monthly checks. So now you would have to coast off of government assistance and whatever you managed to save, which I assume isn't much since you are the type to get a reverse mortgage

I mean, I know I'm over thinking a bank scam but I figured more people would be cautious of something that banks are betting on you dying before they have to finish paying up

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 5, 2016

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I always used to see this on random "Netflix recommends" lists because I watched Columbo (the best cop show) and never knew what this was. :lol: at an unimpeachable family of poo poo-bag cops and DAs with a Regan surname. I gotta give 'em credit for knowing their audience.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

WhyteRyce posted:

You live through the end of the reverse mortgage and now have no home or monthly checks. So now you would have to coast off of government assistance and whatever you managed to save, which I assume isn't much since you are the type to get a reverse mortgage

I mean, I know I'm over thinking a bank scam but I figured more people would be cautious of something that banks are betting on you dying before they have to finish paying up

you dont seem to get it - they cant actually take your house until you die. if you go past the value of the house, you've just beat the bank because theya re betting you will die before you get the value of the house back. its a good thing for you since the contract is structured so your estate never has to pay back more than the value of teh house.

the only way you can get kicked out the house is if you don't have enough income to pay the property tax on the house, and even then it's the state that will come after you not the bank.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 5, 2016

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
would be better if it was about horseshoe crabs

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Harald posted:

would be better if it was about horseshoe crabs

It's perfect the way it is

Terribly Perfect

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wasn't going to watch this show but tbh it sounds worth watching just to laugh at.

haljordan posted:

Also the NYPD has been caught on numerous occasions juking crime stats irl

lol

quote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/massachusetts-lab-tech-arrested-for-alleged-improper-handling-of-drug-tests/

Police said the former state crime lab chemist admitted that she altered or faked test results of drug cases assigned to her. Prosecutors said she went as far as adding cocaine to samples that were negative.

Officials said during her nine years the lab, Dookhan tested more than 60,000 drug samples. About 11,000 people now in jail were put there in part due to her work. Already more than a dozen have been released because of questions about how she handled evidence. "Everyone who's been convicted in the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk in the last five to six years, is possibly the victim of a very substantial miscarriage of justice," defense attorney John Martin said.

According to the police report, a supervisor said he "never saw Dookhan in front of a microscope." Another chemist said "Dookhan would submit a cocaine sample, and it would come back heroin or vice versa." She is also alleged to have lied under oath, claiming to have a master's degree in chemistry from the University of Massachusetts.

"If you can get results done quickly and handle volume, you are perceived to be a good worker, and beyond that, I really can't speculate because we're looking at it, but we do not have evidence to date of any other kind of motive." Coakley said.

The state crime lab was shut down last month. Special courts are now being set up to handle the thousands of cases that are expected to be reopened. As for Dookhan, if she's convicted of obstruction of justice and lying under oath, she could face more than 20 years in prison.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 5, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

I wasn't going to watch this show but tbh it sounds worth watching just to laugh at.

lol

lol how much do you want to bet that some judge will rule that the State isn't liable for any financial compensation to the victims??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

raditts posted:

Oh god, I forgot about those- Selleck was the impossibly tall, good-looking, and lucky dickhead. Just like real-life.

• Locked thread