Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I know these things have a two week lead time but just for the sake of posterity, the final score:

Georgia Tech - 33
Kentucky - 18

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

New thread will be up around midnight.

I did manage to succeed in my 2016 resolution of posting less. Eighteen fewer pages than in 2015 :unsmith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Goodbye you lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely year and thread.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xander77 posted:

Goodbye you lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely year and thread.

Hello even shittier year.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Sandpuppy posted:

Happy New Year 2017: Oh, you thought 2016 was bad?

quote:

KEEP TED RALL DRAWING AMERICA'S SMARTEST
(and possibly meanest) POLITICAL CARTOONS!

Tired of boring mainstream political cartoons and commentary? Me too! That's why I began doing this stuff in the first place. Your patronage helps me to keep taking risks: questioning the system, poking fun at Democrats as well as Republicans without worrying about some editor firing me as a favor to his golfing buddy. You probably don't buy a print daily newspaper anymore — so please use the extra money to support the cool work they never had the guts to run!

I'm Ted Rall. I am arguably America's most controversial political cartoonist. I have no interest in offending people – but I'm here to tell the truth and make people think, and sometimes the price you pay for that is making people upset. In addition to the three cartoons I draw every week for syndication, I also draw cartoons on a freelance basis for outlets as diverse as Forbes.com and SputnikNews.com.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

2017: the year of loving dangerously.

:getin:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rorus please make sure this is rall's bio in the op

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

God help us all. :shepicide:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
he's bragging about drawing for Sputnik while complaining about Dolan Tromp and his nuclear ambitions :wtc:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

God help us all. :shepicide:

白隠慧鶴 posted:

Oh young folk —
if you fear death,
die now!
Having died once
you won't die again.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Rorus please make sure this is rall's bio in the op

quote:

Why It Matters

If you believe in democracy, and in a better future, as I do, you know it's important to get behind the social and political critics who are helping to pave the way to that future. People like me have trouble gaining access to mainstream media. Don't get me wrong – I've had a lot of luck, appearing in places like the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Village Voice, Rolling Stone magazine, The Nation, Esquire, you name it. 20 or 30 years ago, the kind of career that I've had – the kind of career that I'm having – would have generated an income that would have been very comfortable to live on, even thrive. But outlets have shrunk, especially paid outlets. Pay rates have plummeted. Budget cuts have led to newspapers canceling their syndicated comic strips. Because they're so scared, it's harder to find editors willing to publish anything that questions the basic underpinnings of the American system: the two-party duopoly, free-market capitalism, endless warfare.

Some outlets have even been corrupted. Last summer, for example, the LA Times fired and smeared me as a favor to the chief of the Los Angeles Police Department. The reason seems obvious: the LAPD pension fund was the number one shareholder of the parent company of the LA Times. I'm suing them.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

JaggerMcDagger posted:

2017: the year of loving dangerously.

:getin:

Bring it on, motherfucker.

Unlike 2024, The Year of Loving Dangerously isn't based on another work so I won't be able to do my running crittentary to quite the same extent- and since he's not doing the art, I won't need to explain as much about literally what is meant to be happening- but I'll do my damnedest to make sure y'all don't have to read too much of Rall's writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Get the gently caress outta here, 2016.

• Locked thread