Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
that idea was pretty half baked and mostly a joke. i have better ones, i swear

milling the scc deck out of almost boredom was an actual concern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh let me take a look at that.

There were 3 cards left in the SCC Deck:

quote:

SUPER CRISIS: Fighting Blind

CAG Chooses:
Place 2 Centurions at the start of the Boarding Party Track
OR
The CAG is executed

quote:

SUPER CRISIS: Massive Assault
1. Activate Heavies, Launch Nukes
2. Setup: BRAVO: Basestar, 4 Raiders CHARLIE: Basestar, 2 Raiders, 1 Heavy ECHO: Viper, 2 Civilian Ships FOXTROT: Viper, 2 Civilian Ships
3. -2 Jump Prep

quote:

SUPER CRISIS: Cylon Intruders

Skill Check: LEA/TAC = 18
PASS: No Effect
14+: Place 1 Centurion marker at the beginning of the Boarding Party track.
FAIL: Damage Galactica once and place 2 Centurion markers at the beginning of the Boarding Party track.

Massive Assault never gets drawn and I love it so much because it's terrifying :negative:

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I feel like there could be a way to make "there's an extra loyalty card" work but this probably wasn't it.

I mean, if you really wanted to use it you could maybe do something like "flip the last loyalty card over at X distance. If it's a cylon card, the revealed cylon player can activate two separate cylon locations (other than Resurrection Ship probably) on their turn for the rest of the game"

But even that feels more awkward than it needs to be just to add a little bit of extra doubt to the mix.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
My choices and even cards were all pretty terrible. That one Caprica choice was between a water shortage and the crisis where you have to ground all the vipers. It took until I revealed for me to draw a treachery card that wasn't 0

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah that was a godawful Caprica choice.

quote:

quote:

Podima wrote on Jan 13, 2016 7:13 PM:

quote:

CRISIS: Sleep Deprivation

Admiral Chooses
Return all undamaged Vipers in space to the Reserves; current player moves to Sickbay
OR
-1 Morale

POST CRISIS: Launch Nukes, +1 Jump Prep

OR

quote:

CRISIS: Water Shortage

President Chooses:
-1 Food
OR
The President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the current player discards 3 Skill Cards.

POST CRISIS: Launch Nukes, +1 Jump Prep

Note that you will ignore both "current player" drawbacks. And wow this is a crappy Caprica draw. :sigh: Note that whichever one you pick they will auto jump.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also in my notes to talk about :

John Dough posted:

This could get nasty if that CAC puts stuff in Delta with the civvies.

This is the choice that Max Peck didn't pick for that one (he picked 33 instead):

2. Setup: ALPHA: 4 Raiders CHARLIE: Civilian Ship DELTA: Basestar, 4 Raiders ECHO: 2 Vipers, Civilian Ship FOXTROT: Civilian Ship

---

Max Peck posted:

##Lockdown, Mk VII in Delta

Someone remind me to talk about this choice in post-game: I even had the other option bolded, vipers selected, etc. before changing my mind.

Talk about this!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Klades posted:

I feel like there could be a way to make "there's an extra loyalty card" work but this probably wasn't it.

I mean, if you really wanted to use it you could maybe do something like "flip the last loyalty card over at X distance. If it's a cylon card, the revealed cylon player can activate two separate cylon locations (other than Resurrection Ship probably) on their turn for the rest of the game"

But even that feels more awkward than it needs to be just to add a little bit of extra doubt to the mix.

Let a single revealed Cylon look at the card at any time after sleeper. If it's the other Cylon card, they can reveal it for an effect + extra resources (cards, ability to play additional cards into crises, actions, I dunno) for the rest of the game on any of their turns. (Letting them decide lets them maintain doubt of the Cylon count, I guess.) And, yeah, the SCC deck just doesn't pack the right punch for this, you'd basically need a dedicated event deck and that's starting to sound like a lot of work.

Podima posted:

Also in my notes to talk about :

This is the choice that Max Peck didn't pick for that one (he picked 33 instead):

2. Setup: ALPHA: 4 Raiders CHARLIE: Civilian Ship DELTA: Basestar, 4 Raiders ECHO: 2 Vipers, Civilian Ship FOXTROT: Civilian Ship

---

Talk about this!

Yeah, 33 was an easy choice there, especially compared to the one I wanted to talk about. I'll just dig up the PM since it contained the DRADIS:

quote:

Podima wrote on Jan 10, 2016 11:18 AM:
Usual reminder to pick what kind of Viper to launch! There's one MkVII and 5 normals left.

quote:

CYLON ATTACK: Lockdown

1. Activate Heavy Raiders
2. Setup: ALPHA: 2 Heavy Raiders BRAVO: Basestar, 2 Heavy Raiders DELTA: Viper, Civilian Ship ECHO: Civilian Ship
3. Special Rule - Concerted Attack: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps or a Basestar is destroyed. Players cannot activate the Armory location.

OR

quote:

CYLON ATTACK: Cylon Swarm

1. Launch Nukes
2. Setup: ALPHA: Basestar, 5 Raiders BRAVO: Heavy Raider DELTA: Civilian Ship ECHO: Viper, Civilian Ship FOXTROT: Viper, Civilian Ship
3. Special Rule - Massive Deployment: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each time a basestar launches Raiders or Heavy Raiders, it launches 1 additional of the same type.

pre:
DRADIS

\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \           | Raiderx4  /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       / 
        \      |      / 
         \     |     / 
          \    |    / 
           \   |   /         
A           \  |  /           D
L            \ | /            E
P             \|/             L
H             /|\ CivA        T
A            / | \ CivB       A
            /  |  \ MkVIIx2
           /   |   \      
          /    |    \     
         /     |     \     
        /      |      \     
       /       |       \ 
      /        |        \ 
     /         |         \ 
    /          |          \ 
   /           |           \ 
  /            | Boomer(AR) \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

Jump prep was at -3. Mostly that stood out to me because it presented an actual choice (even more raiders now, or a bigger DEFCON hit from the extra heavy raiders that might lead to a couple of close-together CACs) where one wasn't obviously better than the other and I really had no idea which I should do. There might have been more to the context, but my brain's not working today so anyone who cares can go look back at that part of the thread I guess. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I probably would've made the same choice there.

33 was an easy choice since we didn't have any vipers in the air at the time and I figured we would be able to spare the effort to take down a basestar before we jumped.

• Locked thread