Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ambuletz
Sep 7, 2006
I love my brother very much.
disgusting plebs, ask your sommelier for bottles of Causse Marines (NOTABLY 2009 OR 2011 VINTAGE)

If you consider yourself a fan of farmhouse ales with notes of barnyard you will immensely enjoy this red WINE which displays every desirable trait of a juicy red with the tannins of a farmhouse-fermented beverage. plus for the horse-blanket funk.

got to pair a wine with pizza? go Beaujolais. you cannot go wrong unless you put green olives on your pizza, which makes you a loving gross nerd

barbera for tomato pasta

charles shaw for everything else, you've long graduated from franzia/vella boxed bullshit (one can hope)

Ambuletz fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
wine has the wrong abv and it makes your lips purple

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ambuletz posted:

disgusting plebs, ask your sommelier for bottles of Causse Marines (NOTABLY 2009 OR 2011 VINTAGE)

If you consider yourself a fan of farmhouse ales with notes of barnyard you will immensely enjoy this red WINE which displays every desirable trait of a juicy red with the tannins of a farmhouse-fermented beverage. plus for the horse-blanket funk.

got to pair a wine with pizza? go Beaujolais. you cannot go wrong unless you put green olives on your pizza, which makes you a loving gross nerd

barbera for tomato pasta

charles shaw for everything else, you've long graduated from franzia/vella boxed bullshit (one can hope)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PeKcWCC-tw

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"All wine is gross and tastes like pee-pee water."
-- A goon gasps while eating dorritos tacos from taco bell by the fistfull and drinking baja blast mt dew from a cup strapped around their neck.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

My brother is a journalist who does a lot of travel and he always makes sure he brings back a bottle of the worst possible wine from wherever he goes, so right now I have a bottle of Bangladeshi palm wine, a brazillian chardonnay which cost $1 or something, and rice wine from Myanmar. I had wine with a skull on the bottle (chronic cellars) for new year and it was remarkably good.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Ur brother sounds cool

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My waitress friend called white zinfandel "the kiss of death." Apparently the women who ordered it were notoriously bad tippers. :shrug:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Red wine makes me flushed, overheated, and usually gives me a headache. I mainly have to stick to beer and cocktails, but I will drink a nice glass if I'm going out for steak or an upscale French or Italian place.

I'm cursed, basically.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 3, 2016

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

America's Test Kitchen had a segment on NPR today that had a wine forensics expert on who stated that almost 80% of wine worth more than a few hundred dollars a bottle is counterfeit.
It's just dudes slapping fake labels on genuine looking bottles.
They use exact fill measurements, and secret poo poo on the corks and stuff to track/prove it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So like, some billionaire who paid $100,000 for one bottle of burgundy?
There's a better than 8 in 10 chance that he got duped. And the best part is the forensics experts admit "no one on earth can tell by the taste of the wine". It's all in how the bottle looks and the glue on the label. lol.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

So like, some billionaire who paid $100,000 for one bottle of burgundy?
There's a better than 8 in 10 chance that he got duped. And the best part is the forensics experts admit "no one on earth can tell by the taste of the wine". It's all in how the bottle looks and the glue on the label. lol.

This is a good thing imo.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

cynic posted:

My brother is a journalist who does a lot of travel and he always makes sure he brings back a bottle of the worst possible wine from wherever he goes, so right now I have a bottle of Bangladeshi palm wine, a brazillian chardonnay which cost $1 or something, and rice wine from Myanmar. I had wine with a skull on the bottle (chronic cellars) for new year and it was remarkably good.

This is genuinely amazing.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
The Yellow Tail wines already mentioned make decent everyday wines, the Shiraz is good for the price £5-6 usually.

Campo Viejo also make nice easy drinking reds, the Tempranillo and Garnacha are always in stock in my house. £6-7 usually. They also make more expensive reserva bottles, up to £14, which are great.

Don't neglect French wine though, I've been drinking Chateauneuf de Pape over Xmas, between £8-20 per bottle. Haven't had a bad one yet!

In conclusion, I like red wine.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
What's a woman's favourite wine?

*says i wanna go shopping in a whiny voice*

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Airborne Viking posted:

What's a woman's favourite wine?

*says i wanna go shopping in a whiny voice*

is this a metawhine that's actually about how no woman wants to touch your dingus

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

MiracleWhale posted:

is this a metawhine that's actually about how no woman wants to touch your dingus
I don't even want to touch my dingus

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i'll raise a glass to that

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

There's Ketchup in that bottle, isn't there?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Sweet Red American wine. Sounds revolting.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My lady likes Apothic Red. and Menag a trois or whatever.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

vyst posted:

My lady likes Apothic Red. and Menag a trois or whatever.

vin de cuck, 2016 vintage

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdubgJ-eGuw

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MiracleWhale posted:

vin de cuck, 2016 vintage

As long as it is a white

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Shrimp and white wine...

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We've some pretty tasty high-altitude vineyard Malbec and Cab Franc here in :co: . All the other varietals are pretty meh to bleh though.

:agesilaus::agesilaus:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beaujolais with pizza? :ughh: Gotta be Sangiovese/Chianti, son.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Georgia makes some good wines but you don't see them often outside of Eastern Europe. Pick up some Mukuzani if you ever happen across it. It's a nice dry red, reportedly Stalin's favorite. And if that's not enough of endorsement for you I don't know what else to say.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
How I drink 80% of the wine that I drink:

Once a year in the summer I buy a can of frozen concentrated Welches pineapple orange banana juice and mix it into a bottle of gato negro merlot in the plastic pitcher still referred to as the kool aid pitcher and then drink it in about forty minutes while sitting in a folding chair on a lawn

This is better and more enjoyable than any bottle of Silver Oak I've had

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
man this thread collected a lot of dumb words about smashed up grapes that smell like piss and taste like rear end. Somebody should write a book on how it all tastes the same and all the poo poo winos make up about their bad grape juice is just bullshit for drunks to sell product for somebody else

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

VendaGoat posted:

There's Ketchup in that bottle, isn't there?

It is delicious. So sweet and yummy like koolaid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
i like dry red wines, stuff like merlot and cabernet

ayup

• Locked thread