Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Untagged posted:

It's routinely just one of us, but like 10+ of them on a wreck. Hell yeah put them to work. Most of the time those +hose jockeys+ are happy to do it, unless it keeps them from running to ANOTHER CALL. Much better to have a fire truck take the lanes than my cruiser and a couple lovely flares.

Oh no doubt - but running traffic control on the one lane that's open in bunker gear and we need more hands for patient care is annoying <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I'm always amazed at our ability to handle nearly everything on a chaotic scene with 2 guys while the FD rolls out with mutual aid from every surrounding town resulting in upwards of 40 dudes with nothing to do.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Gotta justify their recliners barbeque grills somehow

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
The chili was getting cold anyway, might as well roll out full force to the minor crash since there's a little fluid spilt on the shoulder.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

windshipper posted:

Oh no doubt - but running traffic control on the one lane that's open in bunker gear and we need more hands for patient care is annoying <:mad:>

Meh 9/10 times there was really no need for the engine or truck anyway, other than the block traffic for the medic crew. In my area a lot of night calls are run by volunteers and they generally don't cross swap training, so once the medics are doing their thing the fire fighters usually are happy to be put to work. If it was a paid fire crew they are all EMT and above and will usually dig in for any MECHANISM OF INJURY.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Rad Lieutenant posted:

The chili was getting cold anyway, might as well roll out full force to the minor crash since there's a little fluid spilt on the shoulder.

Excuse me, OFFICER, that's clearly 5.1 gallons, which makes this a hazmat scene. I need you to go behind the tape line 300 feet back there with all the other "civilians."

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
The last full on HAZMAT scene I worked they gave two of us full suits because they didn't want to deal with it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Used to be hazmat certified. gently caress that very much.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Used to be hazmat certified. gently caress that very much.

Know a guy that got hazmat certified in the army. Then I saw how much bitchwork he got assigned since he was certified. I stayed the gently caress away from getting my hazmat certification after that.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I got to pet the bomb doggo and play fetch hell yessss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Happy new year copgoons, time for a new thread!

• Locked thread