Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

CrashCat posted:

that's pushing it a bit, but wait for a better deal

A game being cheap doesn't make it worth playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Thanks for the insights guys. The more I've been thinking about it, the more "variety" is what appeals to me in what I'm looking to play. Doom seems a bit samey with repetitive takedowns, and I think the diverse options in Fallout/Farcry are what draw me to those games.

But if Fallout ain't great, that just leaves 2 Farcry games for double the price, and one of them was written off right away... sooo... guess I've been talked out of an impulse buy. Thanks!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NZAmoeba posted:

Thanks for the insights guys. The more I've been thinking about it, the more "variety" is what appeals to me in what I'm looking to play. Doom seems a bit samey with repetitive takedowns, and I think the diverse options in Fallout/Farcry are what draw me to those games.

But if Fallout ain't great, that just leaves 2 Farcry games for double the price, and one of them was written off right away... sooo... guess I've been talked out of an impulse buy. Thanks!

The Far Cry games are soul-deadening in how repetitive they are, for me. We might have different ideas of "variety," though.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

elf help book posted:

A game being cheap doesn't make it worth playing.
I did get some enjoyment out of it so I stand by that, regardless

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
My FO4 experience.
https://youtu.be/QcL3rm0U0yw

I'd recommend watchdogs2 or mgsv before any farcry also

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

WD2 looks pretty fun to me so I picked it up on that $30 Newegg deal. I think the key is to ignore the straightforward methods and gently caress around with all the various toys it gives you

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CrashCat posted:

WD2 looks pretty fun to me so I picked it up on that $30 Newegg deal. I think the key is to ignore the straightforward methods and gently caress around with all the various toys it gives you

Agree. The best way to play Watch Dogs 2 is just avoiding guns outside of the stungun and just hacking and using the rc car/quadcopter instead. Still can't believe how much better this game is compare to the original game with Aiden and his search to find his sister wife.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Real talk, don't play Fallout 4 in a world where Witcher 3 exists. There are far better western RPGs out there.

Hell, play New Vegas before 4.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

new vegas is the best fallout

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new vegas is the best fallout

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

NZAmoeba posted:

I decided to browse through the store and saw that Doom was NZ$35, 70% off, which seems a good deal. However there's also a Far Cry 4/Primal Bundle for NZ$70, 46% off. Crucially, neither Far Cry game on it's own is on sale.

What's the best option? I played Far Cry 1 many years ago on PC, but stopped when it got up to the "jump from nowhere instant kill monsters" part. And I played the original Doom, but not really done anything for modern FPS's. Heck the last FPS I played was TF2 on PC, before the hats came out. I don't think I've played a FPS on console since Timesplitters2 on the PS2! So maybe this is a bad decision in general?

Yeah NZ prices suck...

ooooh, or maybe Fallout4 for $35 at 70% off as well... I've never really played a Fallout game before except watching a flatmate play Fallout 3, and trying Fallout 1 for a little stint.

Doom sounds samey and stuff on paper but it's an amazing game, the atmosphere is awesome, it's the first game I played in a while that I've gotten totally sucked into. Obviously there's not unlimited amounts of takedowns so you do see alot of the same animations, but it's done incredibly well.

Fallout 4 is probably the better choice if you want something bigger and more open, but I would strongly recommend Doom

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Agree, I'd also strongly recommend Doom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the new Doom mildly huffs turds but for reasons most people probably don't give a poo poo about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I think the new Doom mildly huffs turds but for reasons most people probably don't give a poo poo about.

we have the same opinion. its a good game well worth a play but the reaction to it is pretty overblown considering the things it gets praised for are absurd or contrary to the actual content of the game imo

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kirios posted:

Real talk, don't play Fallout 4 in a world where Witcher 3 exists. There are far better western RPGs out there.

It different for some people. I loved New Vegas and Fallout 4, but only played a hour of Witcher 3 before shelving it. Which is weird considering I was able to beat Witcher 1.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

we have the same opinion. its a good game well worth a play but the reaction to it is pretty overblown considering the things it gets praised for are absurd or contrary to the actual content of the game imo
Yes things like "it's fun to run around and shoot the demons with hilarious lore in codex entries" is totally contrary to the actual content of the game 🙄

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

Yes things like "it's fun to run around and shoot the demons with hilarious lore in codex entries" is totally contrary to the actual content of the game 🙄

Zing

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh yeah since it 2017, think it time to make a new thread. Especially with the old OP getting beamed away by Knack.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
in watch dogs 2 use the call the cops and gang member thing in problem areas, especially ones where you think they won't show up

enjoy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

Fallout 4 loving sucks. Do not buy.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Rirse posted:

Oh yeah since it 2017, think it time to make a new thread. Especially with the old OP getting beamed away by Knack.

The store thread is dead. Long live the store thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:rip: Yechezkel

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TG-Chrono posted:

agreed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kirios posted:

Well fair enough, they're both better for sure

In Training posted:

The arena structure gameplay annoys me but i solved that by just setting it aside when it gets aggravating

Rirse posted:

Playstation Store 2017: Knack 2, bitches

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shut this thread down completely. It's just a redundant ps4 thread now.

Also echoing the "fallout 4 sucks" comments. And I liked FO3.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Keep the store thread. PS4 thread is 300 posts a day asking about which Uncharted is best, feeling bad about killing in Uncharted games, ranking the Souls games, talking about Bloodborne, and Destiny.
I don't want to dig through all that crap to get notified of a good sale or something showing up as free. Also this is where I get all my dumb Vita news.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Keep the store thread. PS4 thread is 300 posts a day asking about which Uncharted is best, feeling bad about killing in Uncharted games, ranking the Souls games, talking about Bloodborne, and Destiny.
I don't want to dig through all that crap to get notified of a good sale or something showing up as free. Also this is where I get all my dumb Vita news.

Don't forget people claiming only the Pro can provide good graphics

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Keep the store thread

Agreed. I like separate ones for deals.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Store thread is also fantastic for seeing what new updates are on the store as well.

I also see more discussions here about if a game is worth buying for the sale price. Like a good consensus if it's better to wait for it to be cheaper.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
How much content is there in the new Hitman game? Is it worth buying it at the sale or should I wait a while longer?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Agreed. I like separate ones for deals.

So do I. Where is it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I posted a 2017 thread here, copied Yez's first post for now, gonna try to get it cleaned up today.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803701

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Make sure you keep the haughty anime girl pics, those are funny.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doom is a extremely mediocre game. It's not THAT funny and it really still takes itself more seriously then people like to pretend it doesnt. Plus like the above poster said it's just annoying arena after arena after arena and if you fail on the last wave you have to do it ALLLL again.

I dont get the hype for it either :shrug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Renoistic posted:

How much content is there in the new Hitman game? Is it worth buying it at the sale or should I wait a while longer?

There is a huge amount between the 6 maps but it all depends on if you're gonna dig into them and master them. You can kill every target in the game in like 6 hours, but you can also spend 70+ with the content they have available

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I waited for a sale on Hitman Season 1. After playing that, I'm going to pay full price for Season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The end of 2016 brings an end to this thread. Fear not, however, for it is reborn like a Phoenix!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803701

Enjoy!

• Locked thread