Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I'm surprised Slur placed in the top 3, considering that his knowledge of gaming is limited to absurd and obscure jrpgs that only he knows about.

And won't shut up about.

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Man I can't believe I fuckin forgot about Rocket League for best multi :negative:. Still did better than I thought considering I was drawing a blank on a lot of these questions.

Also I would've put The Talos Principle as best game nobody played this year but it came out December 2014 :colbert:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Skunkrocker posted:

I'm surprised Slur placed in the top 3, considering that his knowledge of gaming is limited to absurd and obscure jrpgs that only he knows about.

And won't shut up about.

Have you played Trails of Cold Steel lately? It's a good game.

Slur fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 16, 2016

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Skunkrocker posted:

And won't shut up about.

I happened to be in a skype call with him at the time playing an absurd jboardgame and Slur was surprised too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Slur posted:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fuuuuck I was second place but messed up GOTY. Ah well

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Honestly, I was tempted to write in MGSV for every category. Somehow, Undertale didn't even enter my mind as I was giving my answers, and it ended up ruining my decent lead.

BRB, Gamefaqs.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I am very happy that 1 guy wrote in DAIKATANA related answers for all the everything.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I am very happy that 1 guy wrote in DAIKATANA related answers for all the everything.
Everyone will never stop being George Romero's bitches.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

Everyone will never stop being George Romero's bitches.

His name is John.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Slur posted:

His name is John.
God drat it, I keep mixing them up.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

God drat it, I keep mixing them up.

Come to think of it, I think this is the face of a guy who would make you his bitch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Question 10: More than any other, this 2015 video game should have been delayed to have some additional work done on it.

Batman: Arkham Knight - 21
Kaboom Dragon
StoryTime
Baller Time
blakelmenakle
Saint Freak
seiferguy
mehmedbasic
Pirate Jet
Joshy Bear
mekkanare
motherbox
Whalley
The Iron Llama
Skunkrocker
MAKE WAY NEW STARS
StealthArcher
Burning Rain
Underwhelmed
Demicol
Slur
Snawszer

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 18
Alvie
Junpei Hyde
Accordion Man
THE AWESOME GHOST
Impatom
Nice Shirt
BaronVanAwesome
Davincie
Jetamo
Venomous
tinaun
bobjr
CJ
Not a Children
Ramos
Broseph Brostar
Krabbapples
Holepunchio

Fallout 4 - 11
mabels big day
Zombies' Downfall
Bobby The Rookie
metalloid
NightVis
Capsaicin
Safetyland
True Blue Triumph
Kelp Plankton
Antoine Silvere
Anatharon

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 - 4
Artix
chaosargate
Canine Blues Arooo
Roland Jones

Star Citizen - 4
Jobbo_Fett
Atoramos
PolkaMaPhone
Wanton Spoon

Undertale - 2
No Such Thing
No. 44

Star Wars Battlefront - 2
LunaWasHere
Instant Sunrise

ACES:

Tales of Zestiria - Endorph
GTA 5 - Pittsburgh Lambic
Massive Chalice - Justin Time!
Galak-Z - Mo0
Rainbow Six Siege - Top Hats Monthly
Afro Samurai: Revenge of Kuma - Man Called M
The Order 1886 - Axikal
Daikatana - DontBeThatGuy
All of them - Nettle Soup
CoD: Black Ops III - Solis
Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector - Fistful of Silence
Just Cause 3/Fallout 4 - widespread
Splatoon - Looper

This was the only surprising result

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

In Training posted:

This was the only surprising result

How is this surprising?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

It was either going to be MGSV or Arkham Knight winning that one. They arguably had the biggest backlash of last year, and the PC version of AK eclipsed everything else in terms of complaints.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AK made sense to me because this forum has a lot of PC gamers and the PC version of AK was a catastrophe, but I don't get the Metal Gear thing either

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

AK made sense to me because this forum has a lot of PC gamers and the PC version of AK was a catastrophe, but I don't get the Metal Gear thing either

Metal Gear Solid had a second half that many people consider unfinshed including one plot point that was left unresolved but has a half-finished cutscene available on a bonus disc.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Metal Gear Solid had a second half that many people consider unfinshed including one plot point that was left unresolved but has a half-finished cutscene available on a bonus disc.
From a technical standpoint it's still a more comprehensive and polished game than either Fallout 4 or Arkham Knight PC, which was how I interpreted the question.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
MGS had the most potential, Batman and Fallout 4 were going to be poo poo no matter how much polish.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't aware of MGSV being "unfinished" and Batman's problems were port-specific from what I understood (at least, the problems that could have been fixed; the tank game stuff wasn't going away and more work would have probably just crammed more into it), so I dismissed the latter and didn't even consider the former. Meanwhile, THPS was just a complete buggy mess and seemed to have become infamous for it, so I thought it was a good bet. Turns out I was wrong; that's what happens when your 2015 knowledge is mostly limited to Undertale because you didn't actually play that many new games the past year.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

MGSV was going to get backlash no matter what. Even without the almost non-existent third act, it was going to disappoint a whole bunch of people for one reason or another. The fact that it essentially shudders to a halt before the end just upped the number of people who'd be pissed off at it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my answer is the most objectively correct

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Slur posted:

Come to think of it, I think this is the face of a guy who would make you his bitch.

I wonder if he gets paid royalties each time they sell a pair of gag glasses since they're clearly using his likeness.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Wow, I thought Iwas going to place dead last so I didn't bother checking. :stare:

I don't have PMs or any way to contact Facts Are Useless though. :v:

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

It was either going to be MGSV or Arkham Knight winning that one. They arguably had the biggest backlash of last year, and the PC version of AK eclipsed everything else in terms of complaints.

I felt MGS:V was the most correct answer since who cares about some dumb man bat game, but I figured Goons might have gotten grumpy about FO4. :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I loved MGS5 but it definitely had content cut. I dunno what was happening at Konami but it was released before it was meant to be. Some storylines sort of fizzle out, the story gets very disjointed eventually (you have to suddenly grind to unlock more of it), and then the most damning thing was the disc they released showing the cut ending basically

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Anatharon posted:

Wow, I thought Iwas going to place dead last so I didn't bother checking. :stare:

I don't have PMs or any way to contact Facts Are Useless though. :v:
What's up? Did people win?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's still cool that MGSV was clearly missing stuff and I still played over 100 hours of it

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, Slurp, someone whose name I can't remember and myself.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yep, the winners were Holepunchio, Slur, and Anatharon.

Also you can go ahead and unsticky this now. Thanks for your help in setting this up.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Well, I'm the only one that matters anyways. :v:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Anatharon posted:

Well, I'm the only one that matters anyways. :v:

Wow.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

first is worst and two is poo!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Anyone who wants avatars and won this game, PM me or post them in this thread.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can you remind me of the resolution caps and file size caps for avatars?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ah drat, I wish I'd known about this thread while it was going on because I placed within the top 3 for 14 of the categories playing alone, drat I could have won a thing! :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Slur posted:

Can you remind me of the resolution caps and file size caps for avatars?

150x150, 100 kb.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ChaosArgate posted:

150x150, 100 kb.

don't mod uploaded avatars have increased size limits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

pandaK posted:

don't mod uploaded avatars have increased size limits?

Something like 190x190?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rando says he's very sorry.

He's sorry for destroying your thread.

Rando must be going now.

• Locked thread