Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What are some good board game games I may not have played? No, I don't mean video game versions of Monopoly - I mean video games with significant board game gameplay that still manage to be video games, such as Mario Party, Dokapon Kingdom, Fortune Street, Culdcept...all that sort of thing.

And yes, I am aware of Tabletop Simulator.

Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Lizard Wizard posted:

What are some good board game games I may not have played? No, I don't mean video game versions of Monopoly - I mean video games with significant board game gameplay that still manage to be video games, such as Mario Party, Dokapon Kingdom, Fortune Street, Culdcept...all that sort of thing.

Any recommendations?

M.U.L.E.
Diamond Trust of London
Chess Kombat :mrgw:

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Gremlins, inc.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/369990/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the n64 version of monopoly lets you play as mr potato head via cheat code and should therefore be considered

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/290340/
Armello. It's stylish as hell. To be honest, I found the actual gameplay a little bland, but others seem to like it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Blood Bowl. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741424

It's not a Mario Party-like, but all the video game versions of it are straight ports of a tabletop game. You move pieces next to other pieces and roll dice at them until they die or you score a touchdown.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 14, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Discount Viscount posted:

M.U.L.E.
Diamond Trust of London
Chess Kombat :mrgw:

Tell me more!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Boardgameonline, if it still exists. Used to play the hell out of it.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Any recommendations?

Guild of Dungeoneers, Thea. Both are card based combat, Guild is more board gamey than thea. Its also much quicker in general with a dungeon maybe taking about 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Mario Party is such an appealing idea and so flawed but easily fixable. With the resurgence of local multi in the indie sphere, it seems like a really fertile time to be making something that goes for that kinda untapped genre.

• Locked thread