Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
Last year, basically all my jobs were contract so they didn't withhold my taxes. So now I owe probably a bunch of money (I think the taxes worked out to like $5000? That sounds kinda low.) and I'd like to pay that off.
I'm a huge pile of barely-functional ADD, so optimize for as few steps as possible D:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
First step, find a reasonable accountant and get a good idea of what you owe and what assets you have to pay it off. You're going to have to pay a penalty for not doing it earlier, but as soon as you get the ball rolling and actually cop to it, the less you'll pay in late fees. If your financial situation isn't good right now, you can put off paying, but first step is to see how much you owe/are liable for.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Have you though about stacking all your 1099 together and inputting them into turbo tax? You don't have to pay until the end I think. You can also just fill out paper forms and mail them to the IRS with or without a check and then try to get them to waive penalties and or setup a payment plan.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Far as I know you should call a tax preparer and/or the IRS and say "hey I screwed up, what do I do to fix this?" There are people in the world who have the job of sorting out mistakes like that. Pretty sure nothing too terrible is going to happen beyond maybe paying a few fines or penalties.

Admiral101
Feb 20, 2006
RMU: Where using the internet is like living in 1995.

it is posted:

Last year, basically all my jobs were contract so they didn't withhold my taxes. So now I owe probably a bunch of money (I think the taxes worked out to like $5000? That sounds kinda low.) and I'd like to pay that off.
I'm a huge pile of barely-functional ADD, so optimize for as few steps as possible D:

...just file your tax return before April 15, 2016 and pay what you owe. You might have some interest and penalty due (of you owed last year) - but penalty, at the least, can be pretty easily waved.

• Locked thread