Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

LingcodKilla posted:

And nobody likes living there or people from there. They have no songs or plays about "coming to not-America".

Makes u think
Come now, there's a bunch of Syrian refugees literally dying to get to those countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

-Troika- posted:

I like how the first stop of like 99% of antigun people ITT is whining "but you're RACIIIIIIST" in a really high pitched shrill tone.

It's the millennials mating call. They're pretty much all either pajama boy or the die cis scum Xim/Xom/bazonga

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

I like how the first stop of like 99% of antigun people ITT is whining "but you're RACIIIIIIST" in a really high pitched shrill tone.

It's usually a safe bet, this is one of the few places where it's only true say, 60% of the time instead of 100%.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm not so much anti-gun so much as feel the people who are really passionate about owning guns seem to be the kind of moron who shouldn't be allowed to wield a banana let alone a deadly weapon.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Clearly you underestimate the destructive power of the banana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzUAiTPnkng

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

shooting guns owns it feels like what i imagine sex w/ a woman must feel like

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I prefer my spork Eat'N Tool to a knife or a gun.

Tezzor posted:

Mocking anime posters. Knives certainly can be very deadly, however, in reality, they are significantly less deadly than firearms.

The average person can't hit gently caress all with a firearm especially handguns if they are agitated.

One will always get cut if a knife is involved.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Snowman Crossing posted:

shooting guns owns it feels like what i imagine sex w/ a woman must feel like

It's done just as fast too.

Pew-pew.
Drip-drip.
"Whew!"

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Rahu posted:

But why do cops need guns? I've been informed by you a few times that guns are useless for self defense.

Guns are not useless for self-defense if one is proactively engaging with criminals on a regular basis. They are however useless statistically for defending yourself if you are a civilian and you are vastly more likely to shoot yourself or someone you know

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

BrandorKP posted:

I prefer my spork Eat'N Tool to a knife or a gun.

The average person can't hit gently caress all with a firearm especially handguns if they are agitated.

One will always get cut if a knife is involved.

Hm. On the other hand: documented history, logic, evidence, physical reality

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Tezzor posted:

Guns are not useless for self-defense if one is proactively engaging with criminals on a regular basis. They are however useless statistically for defending yourself if you are a civilian and you are vastly more likely to shoot yourself or someone you know

I'm glad to see we share some common ground here. I agree that people who live in high-crime areas that are very likely to interact with criminals should be able to defend themselves with the most effective means of self-defense available.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Tezzor posted:

Hm. On the other hand: documented history, logic, evidence, physical reality

That's like the second or third time you've said that this thread yet produced nothing. WE got the guns. You got nothing. You are trying to convince US to give them up. It's on you to really sell your idea.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
This thread is both super illuminating AND insightful, I'm glad we here at the Something Awful Forums can still generate such fantastic content.

Thanks again Tezzor for posting this thread for approximately the 137th time, it just gets better every time!

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

MasterFugu posted:

why would you carry a handgun while skiing? that just seems like a good way to start an avalanche.

Or loving stop one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Or loving stop one.

lol

Good place to end the thread.