Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

Oracle posted:

Oooh, Justice Dept better start hiring lawyers well-versed in RICO law. Between this, FIFA, and the Panama Papers, it looks they're going to have a busy foreseeable future.

Inshallah. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
God is great. :worship:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I've been burned by having hope for the feds to step in but if this pans out it will be the greatest.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
State charges to be announced tomorrow but don't look for any big fish.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zero One posted:

State charges to be announced tomorrow but don't look for any big fish.

Yup, they're gonna throw one poor schmuck from the plant under the bus and a few MDEQ engineers. Good job Bill Schutte I'm sure that'll help your upcoming gubinatorial campaign as being TOUGH ON CRIME you loving rear end.

Edited to add: the three stooges who don't have enough clout to avoid being thrown under the bus:

quote:

Warrants filed in court show Mike Glasgow was charged with tampering with evidence and willful neglect while Steven Busch and Michael Prysby are charged with misconduct, evidence tampering and violations of the Safe Water Drinking Act.

The three officials were not in court when the charges were read earlier in the day. They were named as:

Mike Glasgow, who ran the Flint water treatment plan. According to public records, he allegedly certified that water samples taken last year were from high-risk homes with lead pipes when they were actually from mostly low-risk homes.

Stephen Busch, a district supervisor for Michigan Department of Environmental Quality who oversaw the drinking water plant in Flint. In February 2015, he assured the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that the city's water was being properly treated for corrosion and regularly tested with no unusual results. The state now admits that Flint's water was not being properly treated, and Busch is on paid leave.

Mike Prysby, a former engineer for MDEQ. He allegedly did not respond to a 2014 email from Glasgow that warned Flint was not ready to switch its water source to the Flint River. Making that switch without proper water treatment proved catastrophic. This week Prysby started a new job within DEQ.
You can apparently be thrown in jail for not answering an email. Don't think they're gonna be able to make that one stick.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 20, 2016

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Has anyone seen this yet?

quote:

FLINT, MI – A woman at the center of a bellwether Flint water crisis lawsuit was one of two women who were shot to death inside a townhouse earlier this week.

Sasha Avonna Bell was one of the first of a growing number of people to file a lawsuit in connection to the Flint water crisis after she claimed that her child had been lead poisoned.
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/04/woman_in_bellwether_flint_wate.html?123

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I guess she was lead poisoned too.

While I'm sure this is unrelated god drat that's a loving weird coincidence. Especially with the RICO charges and now this it's like a bad episode of the Sopranos.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Ddraig posted:

I guess she was lead poisoned too.

While I'm sure this is unrelated god drat that's a loving weird coincidence. Especially with the RICO charges and now this it's like a bad episode of the Sopranos.

Unrelated too
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/04/treatment_plant_foreman_dies_a.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I'd expect a few suicides (assuming no evidence of foul play is found) among the people who were actually involved in making this poo poo happen. Another suspicious death among the victims, or more than 2 or 3 among the perpetrators, and then we've got something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Oracle posted:

Yup, they're gonna throw one poor schmuck from the plant under the bus and a few MDEQ engineers. Good job Bill Schutte I'm sure that'll help your upcoming gubinatorial campaign as being TOUGH ON CRIME you loving rear end.

Edited to add: the three stooges who don't have enough clout to avoid being thrown under the bus:
You can apparently be thrown in jail for not answering an email. Don't think they're gonna be able to make that one stick.

Eh I'm much more in the wait and lets see camp, flipping low level schmucks to get the bigger fish is hardly unusual in these sorts of cases. Though I will say it's funny how they portrayed the arrests to be brilliant policework considering the shits been reported on for months and in one of the cases the dude admitted to the crime during a taped interview on the record. woops!

• Locked thread