Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a cybernetic organism. thin skin over a metal endoskeleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Applewhite posted:

I bet that it's because being a mod (or cop or other rules enforcer) puts you into regular contact with the very worst examples of any given population to the point where in order to stay sane you begin to see everyone in that population as an offender who hasn't been caught yet, or you become a moral relativist.

But mods are glorified php scripts, at best they'd be I dunno Paul blart mall cop

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Don Tacorleone posted:

But mods are glorified php scripts, at best they'd be I dunno Paul blart mall cop

:jackbud:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Are you at least being paid for the work you've been doing on the forums?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

XMNN posted:

does caring too much about the forums and shaping it in their own image drive bad mods crazy or do they care too much because they were crazy to start off with
this is where every one of them goes wrong because instead of a forum they like to read that needs some fresh air its always some forum that they already dislike, and instead of a few cutesy ideas or contests they envision some fundamental overhaul and pursue it with all of the zeal and smug self-righteousness of a missionary trying to civilize an island full of butt-feathered savages, and when it inevitably turns out that the savages are quite happy with their butt feathers and their fart jokes thanks and gently caress off please then they get pissed and sail away from fart joke island despising it even more for being ungrateful as well as terrible, and never at any point get hit with that flash of insight that says there's better ways to waste your time on the internet than messing with things you never liked to begin with

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

whoflungpoop posted:

this is where every one of them goes wrong because instead of a forum they like to read that needs some fresh air its always some forum that they already dislike, and instead of a few cutesy ideas or contests they envision some fundamental overhaul and pursue it with all of the zeal and smug self-righteousness of a missionary trying to civilize an island full of butt-feathered savages, and when it inevitably turns out that the savages are quite happy with their butt feathers and their fart jokes thanks and gently caress off please then they get pissed and sail away from fart joke island despising it even more for being ungrateful as well as terrible, and never at any point get hit with that flash of insight that says there's better ways to waste your time on the internet than messing with things you never liked to begin with

holy poo poo please post this to every sub forum

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

:perfect:

Need buttfeathered savage gangtag pls.

Actually need a "g" word in front of buttfeathered savage for GBS.

Edit: "gang" buttfeathered savage really doesn't have a ring to it. Lacking a certain je ne sais quoi.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Luckily I love and enjoy video games!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

XMNN posted:

does caring too much about the forums and shaping it in their own image drive bad mods crazy or do they care too much because they were crazy to start off with

Speaking of shaping poo poo in an image; if you like cosmic horror in the vein of lovecraft and want poo poo-shaping as an essential element of the backstory, try the short story Bulldozer by Laird Barron!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0070YQT4A/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

:eng101:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

whoflungpoop dropping some serious truth bombs lately

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Whomever has most recently probated Franco is always the best mod

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

whoflungpoop posted:

You keep flinging this poop, good man

You can see an example in the Swole thread 2nd page with Ralp theorycrafting about the forums and duplicate threads hmm yes I'm so close to solving the Forums Theorem hrrmm

At this point Ralp's so deep in, I doubt he'd consider he's been loving it up for all the wasted time it would imply

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I love and enjoy you too. Even if you did threaten my life earlier.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

VideoGames posted:

i believe you :3: i can feel it in your jaunty strut

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lets all develop amphetamine psychosis and post in the new amphetamine psychosis RSF.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Don Tacorleone posted:

You keep flinging this poop, good man

You can see an example in the Swole thread 2nd page with Ralp theorycrafting about the forums and duplicate threads hmm yes I'm so close to solving the Forums Theorem hrrmm

At this point Ralp's so deep in, I doubt he'd consider he's been loving it up for all the wasted time it would imply

i think my time (invested in exchange for zero money) in a place i am universally disliked has been well spent. my accomplishments are as follows, sorted by date

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Can someone make a good thread instead of posting in this one

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Can someone make a good thread instead of posting in this one

calm down you seem to be having that brain problem again where it goes haywire. dunk a frikken dill pickle and relax, brah

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

calm down you seem to be having that brain problem again where it goes haywire. dunk a frikken dill pickle and relax, brah

Thanks for bringing me back to earth

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Curious as well. I made some out of balloons and rice last year for a cosplay that worked well other than being different sizes (more realistic depending on how you look at it). Other than the constant fear I was going to shower my boots in wedded bliss I enjoyed them a lot. It was a dress and the fact that I enjoyed it so much in a non sexual way despite identifying very adamantly as cis was sort of a red flag I had to repress hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

ahahahaha you talked to me on steam and insisted I talked to you on mumble, so I did and answered some questions about modding but you obviously were too drunk to remember the one thing I told you: the posters suck and you could do a huge thing by dissuading the bad, hateful people from posting. But instead you did the opposite and coddled them, causing what you see now: where joy is gone and a misanthropic group of dorks run the show.

So I would report things to help, and you ignored them, so I just reported things to spite you and hoped that someone would do something, so ralp had to step in and take care of it for you. Then you started having slapfights with ralp because he would mod GBS for you and you got butthurt about that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gnarlyhotep posted:

regardless of anything else, all Franco ever posted in the mod forum was how he hated GBS

he made a thread about how GBS was terrible

I tried to help out in that thread, but he was dead set on being some kind of martyr

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread