Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Hi I'm scuz and I'm trying my level hardest to make a base model Golf into as big of a project as the W8 Passat I was cruelly denied by the intervention of my loving parents.

This is gonna be good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Out of curiosity, do things like livery templates exist? I need to get an idea down on paper before I forget.

Spoilers: 8-bit ghost flames :getin:

edit: never mind all that, I found an outline of the body and put pencil to paper for the first time in 12 years.

The plan will be to create a small square stencil and use that to create the flames to keep that 8-bit look.

scuz fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 12, 2016

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thought about it for a while and the flames thing is a bit... dopey. Alternative paint job is in the works in my brain. Bought a replacement bolt from the hardware store, exact length and threads and width and whatever but it would not thread in to the LCA. Probably because the OE bolt had a ~1/4" on its tip that was unthreaded and this one does not have that. Oh well, haven't noticed any weird steering quirks under normal driving, anyway.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't have $100 or this would be coming home with me :smithicide:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/5783010556.html

Swap the running gear from the Golf into that bad boy and bing, bang, boom, never look for a new car again.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

scuz posted:

I don't have $100 or this would be coming home with me :smithicide:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/5783010556.html

Swap the running gear from the Golf into that bad boy and bing, bang, boom, never look for a new car again.

Except for that "no title" business. Even for $100, I wouldn't get it if there wasn't $100 of parts I could strip off of it, since you can't register it.

• Locked thread