Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The Big 12 meeting broke like two hours early

https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples/status/788089691601973248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I have no idea what the source of this is, but if it's genuine it would seem to indicate BYU is in.

Significantly, this purports to be a message from the B12. In theory the Cincy thing could've been printed up by the school so they'd have it if they ended up needing it.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
On the other hand

https://twitter.com/SIPeteThamel/status/788100296945831936

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
God, 5:30 can't come soon enough.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ok Bearcats you can go ahead and fire Tuberville now

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Ok Bearcats you can go ahead and fire Tuberville now

It would be pretty funny if UConn's win over Cincy somehow played a part in keeping Cincy from the Big 12

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

All major media outlets reporting officially that the Big 12 is not expanding.

Don't know what's worse: 10 teams and a CCG or BYU in the conference.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I knew that one way or another Houston wasn't getting in

gently caress the big 12

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
If we don't expand and also don't get the networks to buy out the pro rata clause at a hefty price the big 12 needs to just disband.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Exclusive leak

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You forgot the "PS Thanks for helping us strongarm more money out of the networks"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

If we don't expand and also don't get the networks to buy out the pro rata clause at a hefty price the big 12 needs to just disband.

The pro rata buy out is apparently part of this decision.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Brockenstein posted:

You forgot the "PS Thanks for helping us strongarm more money out of the networks"

Looking at it again he also misspelled "Cincinnati", makes you wonder if they were ever really a serious candidate.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

On the other hand, Chip Brown has reported that expansion isn't happening. This means it's already happened.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Chieves posted:

On the other hand, Chip Brown has reported that expansion isn't happening. This means it's already happened.

gently caress.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Staying at 10 so if another P5 Conference falls apart, they can absorb 4 members I see.

(my dream scenario in the event of an ACC breakup is FSU, Clemson, GT, and either Miami or VT going to the Big 12)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
'Staying at 10 to get some more money for now then imploding when Texas and Oklahoma leave in a few years ' feels like the more likely outcome to me.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

'Staying at 10 to get some more money for now then imploding when Texas and Oklahoma leave in a few years ' feels like the more likely outcome to me.

So does this all end with Texas, OU, Oklahoma State, and Tech going to the Pac-12 some time in the 2020's? A lot can and will change between then and now, but as it stands that's the only scenario where Texas and OU move that really makes sense to me.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

Staying at 10 so if another P5 Conference falls apart, they can absorb 4 members I see.

(my dream scenario in the event of an ACC breakup is FSU, Clemson, GT, and either Miami or VT going to the Big 12)

Isn't the ACC in a stronger position than the Big XII now especially with the ACC Network + ESPN?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

The Big 12 is the only conference that's anywhere close to falling apart though.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
it's going to be hilarious when the SEC and UH dominate the TV ratings in Houston (again)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pakled posted:

Lol at the idea of the Big 12 existing if the ACC somehow ended up collapsing.

Maybe when Texas and Oklahoma leave the Big 12, the American can poach some of the collapsed Big 12.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If we expand to an eight team playoff with autobids between now and the end of the GOR, I think the Big 12 is going to be just fine.

That gives Texas and OU a very straightforward path to the playoffs every year, which should soothe a lot of their current anxiety about the national relevance of the conference.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, this was fun while it lasted.

• Locked thread