Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Okay we're back!

A lot of people to add I'll try my best but it really depends on what we get! I still haven't gotten quite a few of the hero classes to my surprise.

Well that didn't go well..
Two dead.

Rest In peace Poland and Hell Yeah.

Eaten by rabid dogs and bled out. Hell yeah didn't even make it past the first death door check.

E:
That's me in the right hand corner

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Schnedwob posted:

Darkest Dungeon on the other hand will gently caress you six ways to sunday with successively worse dicerolls, wiping your high-level party out after driving them all mad. I think the key is that in DD sometimes you have to know when you're in over your head and back out, which isn't only unsatisfying but it's also antithetical to "keep moving forward no matter what" kinda thing most games have

Personally my strat is to always try and have 3 groups that you can swap between and kepe them evenly leveld out. So if one group gets really hosed up they can rehab and you can rotate the others out. Kinda like crop growing you have to let the soil fertilize with the corpses of the doomed

NEW PEOPLE JOIN US!
Honky Dong Country the anime loving occultist
and

Down Jacket Fetish the leper who seems happy his body parts are falling off.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Berious posted:

Game is fun but I think about 30% of the fun is the cool narrator

That is the kind of input I'm looking for, thanks.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hey hey hey, I'm gonna go on record about this poo poo right now: Anime bad. But when you got a hero who attacks using tentacles I think we can all do the math.

But nah, thanks for putting me in! I shall enjoy this thread until I get a chance to sit down and play my own DD game.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Make me something badass that will die to something mundane/inane.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Can you get my dude to start drinking again

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Berious posted:

Game is fun but I think about 30% of the fun is the cool narrator

downloaded the aforementioned HP Lovecraft audiobook and was not disappointed. The first part was "The Rats in the Walls" and they changed the cat's name to "Mr. Blackman" which was an interesting choice. the story itself is Dwarf Fortress as gently caress though, as long as we're e:(still also) talking being hosed over in a procedurally generated manner

e: didn't mean to imply that notorious racist autistic man Howard Philips Lovecraft procedurally generated his story

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 21, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

Can you get my dude to start drinking again

hes sworn off alcoholism after a bad night of drinking.

You guys went into a dungeon and you now have hysterical blindness.

Taking a break for now

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Schnedwob posted:

downloaded the aforementioned HP Lovecraft audiobook and was not disappointed. The first part was "The Rats in the Walls" and they changed the cat's name to "Mr. Blackman" which was an interesting choice. the story itself is Dwarf Fortress as gently caress though, as long as we're e:(still also) talking being hosed over in a procedurally generated manner

e: didn't mean to imply that notorious racist autistic man Howard Philips Lovecraft procedurally generated his story

Yeah I've found at least six volumes of Lovecraft poo poo by Wayne June and I haven't been dissappointed with any of it. That dude's voice owns.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
ok ive decided theres no loving way im playing this game so can you just put me in it so i can experience it vicariously

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

Also if you don't know what darkest dungeon is, think like fantasy Xcom with insanity, cthulu, and an rpg based turn system with adventuring and what not. Also the guy who reads it makes it awesome.
What does this mean

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

a hole-y ghost posted:

What does this mean

it's a bunch of wank nonsense because it's nothing like XCOM

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Xcom rules

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I made a dungeonmans called microwaves mom and its too powerful im owning everythint.

Heavy armor necromancer archery mage with dual weilding

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

I made a dungeonmans called microwaves mom and its too powerful im owning everythint.

Heavy armor necromancer archery mage with dual weilding

You died,

Nooner died,

IC died,

and someone else i forgot who.

It was horrible you all ran into an eldrich horror at random. He kept showing you his collection of dead adventurers you once knew. ANd summoning their dead forms to fight you.

I watched him suck the soul right out of Nooner. Grabbed the poor boy and ate his soul to heal himself.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 22, 2016

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

You just met the Collector.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Serves comouter me right for quittint liqor

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Honky Dong Country posted:

You just met the Collector.

he added to his collection.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Microwaves Mom posted:

he added to his collection.

If you'd killed him you woulda got a severed adventurer head as a trinket which can result in cool things like giving Dismas' Head to Dismas.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

If you'd killed him you woulda got a severed adventurer head as a trinket which can result in cool things like giving Dismas' Head to Dismas.

=/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Looks pretty cool. I like roguelikes, but everytime I go into the roguelike thread they're talking about games that look like spreadsheets.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

I don't believe that anymore. I killed a bunch of Collectors. But the only time I got head was out of one of those secret rooms. Some crazy stuff can be in there if you have a key.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
xcom 2 is out soon it's going to be great!

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Ahundredbux posted:

xcom 2 is out soon it's going to be great!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I started playing this game, too! I've done like 9 dungeys and only had 1 guy die. He got eaten by spiders.

The Bounty Hunter is a true badass, you should run a team of 4 of them.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Is this an Indie rougelike with pixel graphics and references to old videogames

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Putty posted:

Is this an Indie rougelike with pixel graphics and references to old videogames
No, it's the good type of indie game, with Mike Mignola style art and narration from a dude who does Cthulhu audiobooks

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't believe that anymore. I killed a bunch of Collectors. But the only time I got head was out of one of those secret rooms. Some crazy stuff can be in there if you have a key.

I killed him twice and got head both times. :smug:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
blowjob references :v:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hey OP am I dead or insane yet? May I request that if I go insane you do not put me out to pasture like a smart player and instead send me to my death in the unfathomable horrors below? I feel this is the only befitting end for a raving occult madman.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hey OP am I dead or insane yet? May I request that if I go insane you do not put me out to pasture like a smart player and instead send me to my death in the unfathomable horrors below? I feel this is the only befitting end for a raving occult madman.

everyone dead.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Microwaves Mom posted:

everyone dead.

git gud scrub

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

after I lost nooner and Isaac I was heart broken and fed everyone as a ritual sacrifice to the dungeon itself.

Now I restarted as Paddy's Pub.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I like this game. I want involved. But I dont have money to buy it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Microwaves Mom posted:

after I lost nooner and Isaac I was heart broken and fed everyone as a ritual sacrifice to the dungeon itself.

Now I restarted as Paddy's Pub.

:sadwave:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Make me a man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

jon joe posted:

Make me a man

Im afraid that's a job you'll have to ask a hooker.

Well as all my GBs friends died I feel sad and restarted so I'm closing the thread.

• Locked thread