Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Problem description: We have a GApps for Business account with 4 users, set up about 2 months ago. My boss uses his account to also send and receive mail from a personal Yahoo mail account, using Yahoo's SMTP server, through the Gmail web interface. I set up a generic signature for everyone, applied at the server level for mail sent through the GApps domain. Problem is, it also appends the signature footer to messages the boss sends with his Yahoo address. How can I stop this from happening? Do I have to instead set up signatures on each individual account to prevent this?

Attempted fixes: Nothing yet besides checking settings, not really sure where to start.

Recent changes: No, as far as I know this has happened since it was set up a month or two ago.

--

Operating system: Sending/receiving through the Gmail web interface via Chrome on Mac OS 10.11.

System specs: N/A I think? A mid-2011 iMac.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. Found info on setting up the auto footer in GApps for Business, nothing I could find about excluding it from mail sent via external servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Update - Chatted with GApps for Business support, and this is expected behavior. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but oh well. I can either put the boss in his own sub-organization, disable the server sig for that organization and set him up with an individual sig, or disable the server sig altogether and set everyone up with their own.

• Locked thread