Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate
work is for people that don't know how to fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

is this it? is this the moment my taint was reaped

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I've personally hired 5 young millenial types in the last 6 months alone and looking for another now. Actually having a hard time finding quality people and not getting very many resumes

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Of course the jobs are in automation bwahahaha later shitlords

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I've personally hired 5 young millenial types in the last 6 months alone and looking for another now. Actually having a hard time finding quality people and not getting very many resumes

Do they pay well?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

eric posted:

Do they pay well?

Ok. 40k and a car and a charge card no chasing receipt b.s. which is nice

Not too bad for an entry.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Next month I start work at a nuclear power plant. $18/hr. for pretty light work consisting of mostly sitting around waiting for something to do, but it's a doorway into a permanent position that'll put me around the $100k/year range. It's gonna be so loving nice to not be so broke all the time.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Gaunab posted:

if you get fired, you should kill yourself in front of your boss so they can live with that

this is why we're banned in russia you big jerk

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
my bff got a job today making candy

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ChairmanMeow posted:

edible panties are not candy

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

Oompah loompah doopity doon. Don't take humanities and end up like a goon

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

edible panties are not candy

her last job involved those, she's taken quite a pay cut being on the production end, still employed

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

her last job involved those, she's taken quite a pay cut being on the production end, still employed

Tell her to wear them and sell them online and retire at 35

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
if you're young and have 5 years relevant business experience, you should consider getting a masters in a business field, whether is administration, organizational development, etc. or actually pursue real credentials like the CFA, CFP, CPA, etc. if your employer will pay for it

most people do not do this, and I find that to be downright silly imo

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate

extra stout posted:

this is why we're banned in russia you big jerk

we aren't banned in Japan are we?

people kill themselves over their job all the time over there. they got a whole drat forest just for that purpose!

CaptainCanada
Mar 14, 2011

Shto?
Too late shitlord! I already got a job that I can live off of AND doesn't suck :boom:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CaptainCanada posted:

Too late shitlord! I already got a job that I can live off of AND doesn't suck :boom:

As the captain of Canada?

CaptainCanada
Mar 14, 2011

Shto?
That's just a hobby.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh whats that you want to be a fancypants medical doctor person? Did you know that foreign conglomerates can buy out American Hospitals and then are allowed to refuse to hire American Doctors to work there and will instead import their own from the other country? Because it's happening all over america and the foreign companies are all based in India.

But my doctor is Korean

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Anderron Shi posted:

How many years of advanced accounts payable and receivable actual on the job experience do I need to be an entry level accounting clerk if I have a bachelor's degree in accounting from a reputable business school?

lol computers will be doing that job and many, many other middle class jobs soon

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
are these taints i see being reaped?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

Oh my what's this american companies not looking to hire Americans to work in America. :allears:

White collar jobs getting gouged out just for greencard grabbers and companies intentionally putting americans through the hoops just so they can hopefully disqualify them from the position so they don't get sued.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The comments on the video are all insane nut job antisemites so I'm pretty sure that was presented out of context or is just wholly wrong.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

A misanthrope posted:

lol computers will be doing that job and many, many other middle class jobs soon

so what you're saying is I need a jurisdoctorate and an LLM?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

looks like im goig to be on the dole where they pass out bread and taints to the reaped and unemployed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Like any responsible adult, I have a job and I don't have insurance through Obummer. HTH.

• Locked thread