Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is DaveSplitter a giant retard?
Probably
Most Definitely
View Results

• Locked thread
Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Regarding the whole forum necromancy thing: I've often wondered about the seeming dichotomy, myself. People yell if you bring up an older thread, but we have threads that are still technically open that have not been posted in in six months. If we don't want them to be added to, why not close them sooner?

On the other hand, I once had someone yell at me for starting a thread about poop, because I had posted a thread about the same subject two years earlier. Upon checking, they realized my earlier, archived thread was about farts, not poop. Entirely different subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
The star war betamax guy seems okayish.

I have no opinion on the other two/

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Moderating a forum is like going to Disneyland and volunteering to clean the toilets for free as long as you get a name tag and the ability to yell at kids to not mess with you when you're mopping up poo poo

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

genesplicer posted:

Regarding the whole forum necromancy thing: I've often wondered about the seeming dichotomy, myself. People yell if you bring up an older thread, but we have threads that are still technically open that have not been posted in in six months. If we don't want them to be added to, why not close them sooner?

On the other hand, I once had someone yell at me for starting a thread about poop, because I had posted a thread about the same subject two years earlier. Upon checking, they realized my earlier, archived thread was about farts, not poop. Entirely different subject.

You can't go around wondering about the dichotomy anymore, man. It's your call now. You have to be sure.

And if you make the wrong choice, you'll have to live with it. If you can.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Eonwe posted:

Don't admit to ignoring people on a message board

On another note I'm like the 65th most ignored person on SA now

I'm at like 257 or something

where do these numbers come from?

• Locked thread