Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dont see why everyone has to make things so complicated.

step 1: have nice butt
step 2: wear tight pants
step 3: say hello to someone

that person is now your friend and would probably be willing to die for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

King of Bees posted:

Shake hands with strangers and pretend to be offended when they don't remember your name. This is called shameworking©. I just invented it and will write my own book, don't copy please. Thanks. Good night.

Tell me more this sounds great, King of Bees.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Serious Frolicking posted:

i dont see why everyone has to make things so complicated.

step 1: have nice butt
step 2: wear tight pants
step 3: say hello to someone

that person is now your friend and would probably be willing to die for you

tom clamcy's rump protocol

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Jukeboxblues posted:

Tell me more this sounds great, King of Bees.

Well the best I'm saving for my upcoming e-book "Shameworking© Made Easy and Fun!" (Catchy title in development) But a good example would be to play off of today's immense fear of seeming intolerant. Grab a stranger firmly by the shoulders and say, "Good to see you again you passive aggressive son of a bitch! How are the kids? Guess what? I'm gay!! Whadaya mean you don't remember my name? Such a kidder!" Then you exchange business cards and social media accounts. Use him/her as a reference for a high paying job in broadcast or something, I'm not sure, I'm still in the research phase. It will all be explained better in my e-book "Shame of Owns." How is that title? Coming soon.

I have some other projects on the burner so to speak. I'm exploring some of the more esoteric aspects of the Littlest Petshop universe. It's a big deal, involving a lot of nuanced politics and economics. It's going to knock some socks off so to speak. Anyways, I digress. "Shameworking©" Yeah.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Should one of your friends actually make it in writing/filmmaking/professional vidyagame recording you may find yourself wanting to congratulate them. But successful friends can be useful. So do the following:

Change your blog to pander to your friends new job. Are they working at a feminist magazine? Well now you're the Feminist Twitch channel. Lazily talk about abortions or some poo poo for about two weeks.

Contact your friend nonchalantly. Try not to congratulate them. This is about your wants.

Once you have them talking mention their success. Don't offer to take them out for a drink. This isn't a Friend Friend. Now that this person has a job this is a Networked friend.

Finally, guilt trip your friend into plugging your blog at their new job. Bring up that time you bought them a crunchwrap, talk about how you're basically family and it's not a big deal. Remember that time you gave this person notes on a script? If you think about it you basically made this person. They owe you.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Harald posted:

Be kind, interesting, and talk to people, imo

This was basically the whole book fyi

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Razorwired posted:

Should one of your friends actually make it in writing/filmmaking/professional vidyagame recording you may find yourself wanting to congratulate them. But successful friends can be useful. So do the following:

Change your blog to pander to your friends new job. Are they working at a feminist magazine? Well now you're the Feminist Twitch channel. Lazily talk about abortions or some poo poo for about two weeks.

Contact your friend nonchalantly. Try not to congratulate them. This is about your wants.

Once you have them talking mention their success. Don't offer to take them out for a drink. This isn't a Friend Friend. Now that this person has a job this is a Networked friend.

Finally, guilt trip your friend into plugging your blog at their new job. Bring up that time you bought them a crunchwrap, talk about how you're basically family and it's not a big deal. Remember that time you gave this person notes on a script? If you think about it you basically made this person. They owe you.

Go on...*scribbles notes*

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

This was basically the whole book fyi

He needs stories and arguments because the audience of the book would never believe those points are valuable otherwise, since their own empathy is broken.

Fun trivia: the author is not related to the rich Carnegie family, he was just smart enough to change the spelling of his name and constantly drop Andrew Carnegie stories throughout the book.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

King of Bees posted:

Well the best I'm saving for my upcoming e-book "Shameworking© Made Easy and Fun!" (Catchy title in development) But a good example would be to play off of today's immense fear of seeming intolerant. Grab a stranger firmly by the shoulders and say, "Good to see you again you passive aggressive son of a bitch! How are the kids? Guess what? I'm gay!! Whadaya mean you don't remember my name? Such a kidder!" Then you exchange business cards and social media accounts. Use him/her as a reference for a high paying job in broadcast or something, I'm not sure, I'm still in the research phase. It will all be explained better in my e-book "Shame of Owns." How is that title? Coming soon.

I have some other projects on the burner so to speak. I'm exploring some of the more esoteric aspects of the Littlest Petshop universe. It's a big deal, involving a lot of nuanced politics and economics. It's going to knock some socks off so to speak. Anyways, I digress. "Shameworking©" Yeah.

I am very excited for this "you god drat piece of poo poo"(am i doing this right? :ohdear: ) and can not wait to read it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Analytic Engine posted:

He needs stories and arguments because the audience of the book would never believe those points are valuable otherwise, since their own empathy is broken.

Fun trivia: the author is not related to the rich Carnegie family, he was just smart enough to change the spelling of his name and constantly drop Andrew Carnegie stories throughout the book.

hosed up if true

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Hi, my name is Barry Trump-Hilton.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Universe Master posted:

Hi, my name is Barry Trump-Hilton.

Pleased to meet you Barry, I'm Rich Manofmeans

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Reading the book will turn you into Rob Lowe's character from Parks and Recreation.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
If I never have to hire another Millenial again it will be too soon. I'm on the tail end of the laziest generation in history, which is why I'm able to excel in life.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
millenials would just read the chapter on acting like a dog to affirm their furry lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Microwaves Mom posted:

Pull out a yukelele and sing about Womens Rights while wearing a fedora.

Darf posted:

Always critique your friends fedoras with helpful tips and feedback :tipshat:

Teh Fedora Meme :D

• Locked thread