Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

It's getting to a point where an american city built around a single industry eventually having that industry either die or up and leave is just a routine piece of americana now.
Recovering from the death of manufacturing jobs in the first world has been a painful process.

as a poor and gay liberal i dream of some kind of government initiative to get people out of these husks of cities and into a place where if there aren't jobs for them there's at least access to the kind of resources that you don't have in a gutted city where the USD is largely replaced as a currency by crack/meth and hookers/white hookers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
let's call it government population concentration services

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Trump advocates for tariffs on imported products, and when they played a clip of him saying it on NPR a bunch of the machinists that work in my shop cheered. And I couldn't really tell them that they were wrong because they weren't.

Donald Trump would have a more progressive and working-class friendly trade policy than anyone that has run for President as a Democrat in 30+ years.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

Trump advocates for tariffs on imported products, and when they played a clip of him saying it on NPR a bunch of the machinists that work in my shop cheered. And I couldn't really tell them that they were wrong because they weren't.

Donald Trump would have a more progressive and working-class friendly trade policy than anyone that has run for President as a Democrat in 30+ years.

Trump also wants single payer health care but I don't think he'd deliver if elected

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

Trump also wants single payer health care but I don't think he'd deliver if elected

well just wanting single payer healthcare makes him more progressive than 50% of the Democratic Primary field, and our current President.

• Locked thread