Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

mmmm dat alien rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I liked the high-level cover-up angle of the ongoing plot, the cigarette smoking man being around in the background, Krychek, scratching the edge of the conspiracy, hinting around at something bigger going on.

The actual pay-offs, not so much.

naem
May 29, 2011

Orkin Mang posted:

the monster of the week format sure does remind me of my own 'ex'-files, if u catch my drift ;)

Hahaha whydidyoulescemesamantha

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its like they left the whole script of the episode for the last ten minutes

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

meh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
JFC 7 pm central.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Traxis posted:

It's probably going to be terrible

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
that was terrible. like really really bad. mulder is gone, replaced with hank moody. hank is a better character, anyway, but duchovny seems to have forgotten how to be mulder.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I enjoyed it - though it definitely had a different tone than the original series.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i hate everything shot for 3D / 4k

Cender
Sep 24, 2004

This episode's title should be What Matt Bellamy Actually Believes.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. it was very mediocre

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

It was like, half a step up from this. Plus David Duchovny looks as bad as Neil Breen now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgQ34b96_U

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Plus David Duchovny looks as bad as Neil Breen now.

Yeah, he looks rough and she looks 10x better than she did in the original show.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh my God, this has not aged well. It feels like there's been a good 20 mins of exposition taken straight out of a crazy youtube video. Every time Joel McHale talks it's like Jeff Winger giving one of his motivational speeches.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dr moldy foxman finds the alien but nobody believs him :(

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Orkin Mang posted:

dr moldy foxman finds the alien but nobody believs him :(

What the gently caress

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
looks like donna sculy doesnt believe him either,shes rolling her eyes at him :(

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm really hoping that the next episodes improve, because the premier was laughably bad. Duchovny and Anderson seemed to be phoning it in most of the time, and the latter looks oddly like a Julianne Moore impersonator now. I also felt mildly insulted for the whole monomaniacal focus on the old stupid "storyline" episodes, with Mulder going on how about everything they thought was A LIE!!!!1!, completely ignoring all the cool stuff like fluke man, vampires, and other MotW episodes, which were the best part of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm really hoping that the next episodes improve, because the premier was laughably bad. Duchovny and Anderson seemed to be phoning it in most of the time, and the latter looks oddly like a Julianne Moore impersonator now. I also felt mildly insulted for the whole monomaniacal focus on the old stupid "storyline" episodes, with Mulder going on how about everything they thought was A LIE!!!!1!, completely ignoring all the cool stuff like fluke man, vampires, and other MotW episodes, which were the best part of the show.

i would have prefered if they brought back some of the characters from the yetiwives and fembot episodes but i guess it wasnt to be.

• Locked thread