Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nutsngum posted:

No that bit is awesome. I mean Lilu getting all angsty about war. I mean, gently caress shes a surpreme being designed to fight evil. She can understand loving war and the nature of conflict ffs movie!

It's particularly strange because she doesn't seem to have a child's mind or anything. She sort of acts like a scared kid at the start but she's literally just been (re)born and has escaped from a medical facility and nobody speaks her language.

But once the priests talk to her it seems very clear she's got her memories intact and seems intelligent and even kind of witty. When Korbin tries to kiss her when she's sleeping, she reacts not with confusion over his action, but indignation that he would do such a thing without her permission.

Being completely unaware of the existence of war seems strange, and I chalk that scene up to the director desperately wanting the film to have some kind of "message" there in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's particularly strange because she doesn't seem to have a child's mind or anything. She sort of acts like a scared kid at the start but she's literally just been (re)born and has escaped from a medical facility and nobody speaks her language.

But once the priests talk to her it seems very clear she's got her memories intact and seems intelligent and even kind of witty. When Korbin tries to kiss her when she's sleeping, she reacts not with confusion over his action, but indignation that he would do such a thing without her permission.

Being completely unaware of the existence of war seems strange, and I chalk that scene up to the director desperately wanting the film to have some kind of "message" there in the end.

I think it's less that she was unaware of "war" as a concept so much as the depths to which humans had sunk in its pursuit.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Or she needed to be re-awakened to her purpose by being exposed to her anti-thesis.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

skander posted:

Oh, I don't ignore looking at it entirely, it looks great, but I've seen it an OCD number of times. As far as the blue chick, I only care about her singing, no need to watch. But I almost always catch the ticket window girl's scene. To each their own.

I have the same problem, even though I've seen this movie like 20 times I always have to stop and stare at this woman:

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

e: Sophia Goth :swoon:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

why does zorg make his henchmen wear plastic underpants and lycra

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I like that James Vanderbeek is in the beginning. I don't remember the promotion for this movie but I hope they really put his name out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Flesh Forge posted:

I have the same problem, even though I've seen this movie like 20 times I always have to stop and stare at this woman:

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

e: Sophia Goth :swoon:

Another cool thing is that in most sci-fi films, the designers throw together some futuristic outfits and then all the background characters have their own style, as if cobbled together from several different possible futures. Just as long as it looks 'futuristic'.

In 5E, the designers were so thorough that they decided on a prevailing fashion of that time period, and every character look was committed to that fashion down to the most minute detail (i.e. eye shadow blending into the eyebrows and extending down the outer bridge of the nose, freckles and light-colored hair, etc.)

• Locked thread