Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This whole conversation is flawed since it started with Jason Sehorn, who after looking him up wasn't as good as I remember :( I could have sworn he went to a few pro bowls at least before his knee died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peekaboo gangster
Sep 12, 2003

The RIFL website (www.gorifl.com) is back up for who knows how long, but there have been a few conspicuous changes to it! I wonder what could have possibly made them change their minds about using such historic imagery :confused: I made sure to grab screenshots of each page just in case it mysteriously disappears again. Here is their new front page:

Notice the change of logo colors from "shameful" to "camo." Continuing the trend of erasing their racist past, they offer an official game ball on the right, and here's their new image at the bottom of the page!

Gone is the commemorative league ball, and in its place are two teams! Maybe! That's literally the only bit of information regarding the teams the league has on the entire website. The Birmingham Bombers really gets me - you'd think they'd want to steer clear of comparisons to the racially motivated bombings against black people in the late 50s and early 60s, but something tells me this league isn't really run by people that know their history very well. There's also something to be said about the "Rebels" league having a team known as the "Avengers," since white pride is something that needs constant avenging.

Pressing onward, lets say you had an established Indoor Football team, but were sick and tired of whatever league you played in. Here's what your $65,000 franchise fee will get you!

An owners meeting in Vegas! Speaker and date eventually! That doesn't at all reek of a scam! It says the fee helps pay for the playoff schedule and championship rings, but something tells me they're going to be using aliexpress to fill those orders. For groups that are newly formed in this confederation of teams, the fees are almost $200K HIGHER. I'm sure $100,000 goes to your 25 game-day uniforms, as seen below:

Last time I checked the NFL store, they had On Field Game Day jerseys for $4,000, so it checks out! I should point out that I also only frequent the super secret NFL store for idiot millionaires. Fingers crossed this league continues to grow, until poor planning and no industrialization completely sink their chances at legitimacy. Oh, as an added bonus, a rumor is going around that most every Indoor league is very, VERY interested in a Mr. John "Manziel" Football. If there is a football god, he will see to it that this glorious union be made, and never torn asunder.

peekaboo gangster fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 6, 2016

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I think I could make a more professional looking league graphics than that. I also think I could dunk over a four year old

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

I think I could make a more professional looking league graphics than that. I also think I could dunk over a four year old

That 4 year old would swat the poo poo put of you

• Locked thread