Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best superhero mash-up?
Amazon
Assassins
Doctor StrangeFate
JLX
Legends of the Dark Claw
Super Soldier
Bruce Wayne Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Bullets and Bracelets
Magneto and the Magnetic Men
Speed Demon
Spider-Boy
X-Patrol
Bat-Thing
Dark Claw Adventures
Generation Hex
JLX Unleashed
Lobo the Duck
Super-Soldier: Man of War
Challengers of the Fantastic
Exciting X-Patrol
Iron Lantern
The Magnetic Men featuring Magneto
Spider-Boy Team-Up
Thorion of the New Asgods
View Results

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

You are, of course, correct, and I apologize to GBS for my unpleasant post; to the greater Something Awful community for the damage my abrasive comment has done to our social fabric; and to my family, for the embarrassment I've brought to them. While I would stand by the sentiments expressed in that post, I was wrong to express them in the manner I did, or in this thread. I ask your forgiveness—all of you, but especially Lucky Guy, whose courageous post (which I have quoted above) forced me to confront my errors. With time and with great effort, I hope not to erase my statements, but to help our community heal from the injuries that I have caused—and to emerge stronger than before.

Thank you all, and god bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Gaunab posted:

That's the one were Bruce Banner rapes his cousin She-Hulk in order to make inbred hulklettes because "she was the only one who could take it?" That whole series is dumb as hell and I don't know why it gets any praise.

If you just kind of skim it its pretty good. Like where wolverine kills all of the x men by accident. :shrug:

I don't even remember the rape elements.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
It wasn't stated to be rape and maybe she hulk became retarded due to brain damage from the gamma radiation she emitted just like hulk and was down with it i dunno you can read that if you want but i think it was just a dumb fun book

Millar's written some absolute poo poo tho like the one with a devil monkey granting a wish and his authority run

The two Jupiter's books running now aren't too bad

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
When are we gettin a movie of The Boys? Preacher is getting a tv show with that hairy rogen man

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
I liked Wanted. From that alone, he seems like a good enough writer

'I don't gently caress Sheep!'
I make love to them

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Fishy Joe posted:

When are we gettin a movie of The Boys? Preacher is getting a tv show with that hairy rogen man

You know that joke where Superman is bored and the punchline is "and then the Invisible Man said, I don't know either but my rear end is killin' me!" Literally a scene in The Boys. So what I'm asking is what is the goon consensus on casting for the Dynamic Detective Duo of Buttfucker and Cocksucker (who are never referred to in Preacher by their superhero names)?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Fishy Joe posted:

i dont think even showtime could get away with the superhero bukkake scene

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Garth Ennis is a hack too

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
The girl who played Scarlett witch is the Olsen twins sister but she has some dece. tittays

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

BigBoss posted:

The girl who played Scarlett witch is the Olsen twins sister but she has some dece. tittays

:agreed:

In the avengers thread I made an open invitation to her to have the secks with me. FYI scarlet witch the invitation is still open.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Network Pesci posted:

You know that joke where Superman is bored and the punchline is "and then the Invisible Man said, I don't know either but my rear end is killin' me!" Literally a scene in The Boys. So what I'm asking is what is the goon consensus on casting for the Dynamic Detective Duo of Buttfucker and Cocksucker (who are never referred to in Preacher by their superhero names)?

What joke is that

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Mange Mite posted:

What joke is that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6deDMtw0OJ4

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I only read the hottest up and coming new comics from Tokyopop, THANKS

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I read comics all the time when I was a kid. A year or so ago on a whim I went and bought a few new comic books and they were all either really awful or had years of backstory needed to follow them. Are there good modern comics or graphic novels or whatever, or are they all like this Millar guy's stuff?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
All comics are stupid now because the people who grew up reading comics are now writing them.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Peebla posted:

Are there good modern comics or graphic novels or whatever, or are they all like this Millar guy's stuff?

Oh yeah, always have been, always will be. Swing by BSS sometime, there's threads about this.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Peebla posted:

I read comics all the time when I was a kid. A year or so ago on a whim I went and bought a few new comic books and they were all either really awful or had years of backstory needed to follow them. Are there good modern comics or graphic novels or whatever, or are they all like this Millar guy's stuff?

They are pretty ok if you are a child or manchild.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

They are pretty ok if you are a child or manchild.

H-hey... gently caress you!

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gaunab posted:

Garth Ennis is a hack too

I love the way he drives comic nerds into blind rage.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

H-hey... gently caress you!

Yeah you're right, no actual children read comics now so its pretty much just manchildren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah you're right, no actual children read comics now so its pretty much just manchildren.

:11tea:

• Locked thread