Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Problem description: Bought new RAM (Crucial ct102464BA160B) and installed it in my Shuttle SH87R6 Intel 4th Generation Core i5 Intel Socket LGA1150 Intel H87 which already had some old RAM (Crucial ct51264ba160b). When both types of RAM are installed, the computer doesn't even get to POST beeps. When I have only one type installed, the computer boots just fine. So I can have 2x4GB or 2x8GB, but not both in together.

It seems to me that they are identical RAM, just different sizes. I figured they would play well together.

Attempted fixes: Switched channels, tried only 3 sticks at a time instead of 4, thinking it might be a bad stick. No luck.

Recent changes: Just the RAM

Operating system: Fedora 22 4.2.8-200.fc22.x86_64

System specs:

Shuttle SH87R6 Barebones
Intel i5-4690K
SSD
HD
Old RAM (Crucial ct51264ba160b)
New RAM (Crucial ct102464BA160B)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes/No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
I blew some compressed air in the RAM slots and everything works now.

• Locked thread