Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
So this game is coming out and I am looking forward to it!

http://www.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/

It's on sale til January 29th!

If you can't possibly wait for spaceship combat, there's Stellar Impact also by Tindalos Interactive, which is like spaceship dota, but it only has like 10 players right now so we would have to goonrush it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazimir Vysehrad
Mar 13, 2013
Yeah, me too, that game looks promising, am a fan of the 40k universe.

I have never played the tabletop Battlfleet Gothic game but i have spent like 500 hours bulding imperial navy 40k ships in Space engineers, i dont know what it is about the aesthetics of massive space cathedrals broadsideing each other, but i love them.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

To my shame, I only have the BFG rulebook, not any ships. As far as this game goes, I am hopeful it has the Ork Brute, which is a frigate specifically designed for running into things.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
So is this Homeworld, or Eve, or, World of Tanks, or Battlecruiser 3000A.D.?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Copper Vein posted:

So is this Homeworld, or Eve, or, World of Tanks, or Battlecruiser 3000A.D.?

Skrimishes linked by a campaign map, persistent forces. 2D, lots of individual ship customization, lots of crazy ship abilities (micro warp jump to ram, fire a time dilation bomb to slow enemy torpedoes, take cover behind wrecks or tougher ships or enemy ships, etc).

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Yah a 2D Homeworld to some extent.

diogenespanda
Jan 18, 2008
I can't wait for this game hope they have all the factions (eventually).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

The current declared factions are Imperial Navy. Chaos (with all four gods getting their own ship versions and perks), Orks, and Eldar. Space Marines will also be available as DLC, or for free if you preorder.

• Locked thread