Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

dog buttz posted:

I like living in my rural area because the cops act more like andy griffith than a black ops wannabe.

"Well hey there, dog buttz! Slow down and tell your brother to slow down too! You know how he is yeehaw haw haw haw!"

Except for one of them who's a total dick but he can't do much because he's afraid of getting another complaint from someone he stops about him "being rude".

Are you white? Usually, rural cops don't act like that to out of towners who aren't white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

drilldo squirt posted:

Are you white? Usually, rural cops don't act like that to out of towners who aren't white.

I'm as white as the driven snow. I can't guarantee poo poo but I've never heard of the cops here being anything but friendly to out-of-towners or non-whites. That may be partly because despite being a rural area, a major interstate runs through our town so we do get a lot of traffic passing through that only stops for fast food or gas but still passes through. It would be bad to earn a reputation as having aggressive or rude cops. When driving to Tulsa, Oklahoma from my area, for example, nobody wants to stop in Kiowa, Oklahoma because it has a reputation for aggressive cops who will pull you over for anything and tend to escalate the situation if they can. I've been pulled over there for doing 48 immediately after after the first 45 sign despite being in the process of slowing down and the cop treated me like I was doing 90 and had a body in the trunk.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 31, 2016

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Boinks posted:

People who play too many video games think all cops are exactly like the ones in GTA.

They are worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc-p2SrVRqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kgAuCUQoy8&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOU3l9qZ6rg&t=45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvINcEdLRE&t=50s

Commie NedFlanders fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 31, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

if you really got rid of all the cops that lust for black teen death there wouldnt be enough left to fill a bus. ideally the solution for cops sucking big huge sweaty balls would be to gradually swap them out with better trained and screened replacements, but that wont happen overnight (or at all lol) so we kind of need the current corrupt, racist and murderous douchebags. fortunately, they are such enormous pussies that occasionally making an example of one would be enough to terrify them into line. sadly, said examples do not exist because cops can do anything they want with no repercussions.

why not just get rid of cops? we dont need to phase them out, just fire them all, that will solve the problem.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

drilldo squirt posted:

Send our congrats to the cop.

:eyepop:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i love how police around the country have ramped up the pr efforts lately. it seems like every time one of them gets caught shooting another unarmed black kid we get this flood of cute videos showing cops dancing in their squad cars and giving out christmas presents during traffic stops and poo poo

im in the media and let me tell you -- we fall for this poo poo every time. i try pointing it out to other producers and they're just like oh misanthrope there you go again with your crazy conspiracy theories :downs:

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'm gunna go kill some cops

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rutibex posted:

why not just get rid of cops? we dont need to phase them out, just fire them all, that will solve the problem.

because when people can get away with doing anything they go loving nuts. cops are an excellent example of why we need cops at all.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

because when people can get away with doing anything they go loving nuts. cops are an excellent example of why we need cops at all.

I'd be willing to bet that if there was suddenly no justice system or cops, everyone would know at least one murderer within the week

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dog buttz posted:

I'd be willing to bet that if there was suddenly no justice system or cops, everyone would know at least one murderer within the week

but if theres no cops there is nothing to stop a murdered persons family and friends from coming after you.

i never said get rid of judges and the justice system, just cops. police are not something that has existed for all time, they are relatively modern thing and someone from the 18th century would have found them tyrannical. people are able to figure out justice pretty well on their own, it's the basis of the common law system

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 31, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
people can figure out justice pretty well? cops executing unarmed black children is widely applauded in this country.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

but if theres no cops there is nothing to stop a murdered persons family and friends from coming after you.

i never said get rid of judges and the justice system, just cops. police are not something that has existed for all time, they are relatively modern thing and someone from the 18th century would have found them tyrannical. people are able to figure out justice pretty well on their own, it's the basis of the common law system

You have way too much faith in your fellow man, friend

Really this quote says it all:

cops are an excellent example of why we need cops at all.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

a lot of people hate cops because a lot of people are losers who are nobodies in life, ie no gainful employment, no spouse and children, no friends, and when you have nothing going on in your life you want to make yourself feel good and bashing cops is an easy target. if you put xer SJW out on the streets to be a cop their head would explode as drugged out homeless people dont care about your voluntourism and will shank you regardless

and it's no coincidence that a lot of goons fall into the loser category so there's so much cop hate here :)

It's funny because it's true lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hate cops and I hate black people who's side am I on

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

vyst posted:

Black cops? I would be a double negative which makes it a positive!

There we go! All black cops fixes the problem.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Black cops? I would be a double negative which makes it a positive!

There we go! All black cops fixes the problem.

We already did this with the Irish.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Second time's the lucky charms?

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
we should train cops to be cops, it's just so crazy it might work. Kill all cops who espouse any notion of the blue line, they are a traitor and an enemy of the state

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

rabble rabble posted:

we should train cops to be cops, it's just so crazy it might work. Kill all cops who espouse any notion of the blue line, they are a traitor and an enemy of the state

Basically

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

rabble rabble posted:

yeah

a major problem with america's law enforcement is also one of the reasons its education system is so lovely: a dogmatic adherence to decentralised policy.

there is no need for every county and city to have its own autonomous law enforcement organistaion. it lends itself to corruption and incompetence in equal measure. just loving get rid of all of them. all law enforcement duties can be carried out by state-level organisations that perennially rotate personnel in order to break up the "blue line" bullshit and require federal oversight to ensure adequate standards of training.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

yeah

a major problem with america's law enforcement is also one of the reasons its education system is so lovely: a dogmatic adherence to decentralised policy.

there is no need for every county and city to have its own autonomous law enforcement organistaion. it lends itself to corruption and incompetence in equal measure. just loving get rid of all of them. all law enforcement duties can be carried out by state-level organisations that perennially rotate personnel in order to break up the "blue line" bullshit and require federal oversight to ensure adequate standards of training.

That would require Americans to admit that a 200 year old document written by slaveowners maybe isn't very applicable to the modern age where long-distance communication doesn't involve horses, and shouldn't be taken as dogma.

Considering that most Americans are still taking a 2000 year old document written by dirt farmers as dogma, I don't see that happening any time soon.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

AugmentedVision posted:

That would require Americans to admit that a 200 year old document written by slaveowners maybe isn't very applicable to the modern age where long-distance communication doesn't involve horses, and shouldn't be taken as dogma.

Considering that most Americans are still taking a 2000 year old document written by dirt farmers as dogma, I don't see that happening any time soon.

where in the constitution does it require that counties and cities have autonomous law enforcement??

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

AugmentedVision posted:

What does the federal constitution have to do with the need for local government? Personally I live in a part of the state constantly ignored by the state capital, 150 miles away. If we didn't have more localized government we'd have a lot of problems. If we had to rely on DC for our small local issues, we'd be in the stone age.

^^^^ edit yeah that too

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

where in the constitution does it require that counties and cities have autonomous law enforcement??

Not counties and cities, but the federal oversight part would be seen as an infringement on states' rights.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

AugmentedVision posted:

Not counties and cities, but the federal oversight part would be seen as an infringement on states' rights.

I think you can make a pretty solid case that those are implied powers.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

yeah

That honeslty sounds like a great idea but isn't there something to be said for the benefits of a cop being familiar with the area? Being moved every 6 months doesn't seem like its long enough for that.

Also I guess nobody would wanna sign up for something where they had to be moved to a different city every 6 months or whatever. Even a yearly move would suck for a family

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

That honeslty sounds like a great idea but isn't there something to be said for the benefits of a cop being familiar with the area? Being moved every 6 months doesn't seem like its long enough for that.

Also I guess nobody would wanna sign up for something where they had to be moved to a different city every 6 months or whatever. Even a yearly move would suck for a family

Well I wasn't using the word "perennial" in a strictly literal sense, though I see how that was a confusing choice of words. Here in Australia cops can potentially be reassigned to any precinct in the state (though they aren't always) every few years or so.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

vyst posted:

Superconservative white racists.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Well I wasn't using the word "perennial" in a strictly literal sense, though I see how that was a confusing choice of words. Here in Australia cops can potentially be reassigned to any precinct in the state (though they aren't always) every few years or so.

Cool I'm stealing your good idea and passing it off as my own original thought IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkCCznlhYc4

• Locked thread