Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Ever sent an embarrassing text or wrote an inadvertently hilarious post because of auto-correct on your phone bungling things up? Then come on down and spill the deets!

On here, for example, I meant to write out Lady and the Tramp but ended up with Lady and the Trump instead. It ended being funny in context, so I kept it.

What about you? Go ahead and share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

one time i tried replying to a op by saying 'gently caress off idiot' but it autocorrected to 'voted 5'

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I once made a typo when typing the phrase food service and it autocorrected to food cervix. I changed it back before I sent it but I had a good laugh.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I once wanted to write to a friend "Im Kühlschrank liegen Käse und Schinken" (German for "There's cheese and ham in the fridge") but what came out instead was "Im Kühlschrank liegen Kinder und stinken" (There're children in the fridge stinking it up) :v: I didn't keep it though

And then there's the dreaded sry->sex mixup...

crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol

System Metternich posted:

I once wanted to write to a friend "Im Kühlschrank liegen Käse und Schinken" (German for "There's cheese and ham in the fridge") but what came out instead was "Im Kühlschrank liegen Kinder und stinken" (There're children in the fridge stinking it up) :v: I didn't keep it though

And then there's the dreaded sry->sex mixup...

German humor sure is unique.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I bitched about this a while ago in - I think it was Dumb Moves in Marketing? Maybe FWP or Pet Peeves. Anyway, the iPhone as of recently likes to :airquote:correct "come" to "Coke". I've had funnier mistakes but that stands out as stupid and gently caress if I can remember any others at the moment.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My wife can't figure out how to disable auto-correct on her phone and it hates my kids' names, so it keeps changing my daughter to Litany or Pita and my youngest son to Sins.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
It corrects :( to :) so I end up saying things like "your cat died? :) "

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I respond "kk" to things as a friendlier ok. Except since I once typed KKK, now I'm responding to requests for a grocery stop with a hate group.

"We're out of milk can you grab some?"
"KKK"

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
I use my phone for work so it autocorrects normal human things to medical terms all the time. I think the saddest comment on my work/life balance was this summer when it autocorrected "beach" to "VBAC."

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mine keeps changing 'Okay' to 'Party' and it makes me sound way more enthusiastic about stuff.

"Hey, do you want to come over?"

"Party. I'm on my way"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
My phone autocorrected my dog's name to "gophers". I told my mom I had to shave gophers.

• Locked thread