Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

RoxiesMD posted:

I'm sorry for the bump but has anyone heard more about this? I was looking at youtube videos and something reminded me that this was a thing that happened.

cops killed him, nothing happened, all evidence overlooked or destroyed

the world spins on for another day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien

Digital Fingers posted:

cops killed him, nothing happened, all evidence overlooked or destroyed

the world spins on for another day

excellent, this was the clarification I needed

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Highbrow Slick posted:

A few years ago they were "chalking" tires parked outside of bars to monitor how long they'd been there & pull cars over based on the color of chalk on their tires as they left. The business owners weren't very happy about that. Also fresno gets a lot of grants by virtue of its high number of dui arrests, so they have a large incentive to keep those numbers up by any means in order to maintain those grants.

Why is this a bad thing? Part of their job is keeping drunks off the roads isnt it?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Indy posted:

Why is this a bad thing? Part of their job is keeping drunks off the roads isnt it?

They don't do that here because from what I know, it's considered Entrapment.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tarkus posted:

Entrapment is misunderstood but that's not entrapment. Entrapment would be like a cop going up and saying: here, drink this whole bottle of booze or else, ok now drive home or else we're going to arrest you for loitering *arrests them for dui* or something like that. poor example but basically they have to be complicit in inducing a crime they wouldn't have otherwise committed.

anyways I had looked this up a few days ago on fresnomedia and such but it doesn't look like there's any updates nor will there be. dudes dead, thats the end. maybe they'll arrest his crackhead tenant on suspicion of murder+arson sometime down the road, or maybe they won't. who knows.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Tarkus posted:

what is? pulling over drunks?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
logical extension of that gripe: you cannot arrest me for seeing that seven year old chained up in my house because her screams emanated from PRIVATE PROPERTY and i did not authorize you to steal that energy from my property

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

satanic splash-back posted:

how does a gun gently caress?

Pretty good to be honest. As long as you don't pull the trigger.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
im torn. on the one hand, the guy definitely seems like a rambling lunatic. on the other hand, he was stabbed to death and then someone tried to cover it up by setting his house on fire. hmm.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

what is? pulling over drunks?

Cops pull themselves over?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
the egregious stroke got owned

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Maybe it's not entrapment but I doubt "time spent in bar" is probable cause. It's also very lazy police work

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Can we kill all cops and then all people just to be sure? Once all the crazies are gone, the world will be a safe place for my cats.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i am totally fine with setting one group of reckless murderous assholes on another group of reckless murderous assholes. i guess cops must sometimes falsely accuse people of driving drunk, but i have never heard of any specific examples. breathalyzers are pretty accurate when used correctly, no?

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.
I suspect any bearded little folks, he may have been... Boatmurdered.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RoxiesMD posted:

I'm sorry for the bump but has anyone heard more about this? I was looking at youtube videos and something reminded me that this was a thing that happened.

Old but there was just an update that it was ruled a suicide a few months later.

http://abc30.com/news/john-langs-death-ruled-a-suicide/1270493/

hmm yess.. this guy stabbed himself in the back and set fire to his home because stabbing wounds are easy and a common effective way to commit suicide. i believe it.

naem
May 29, 2011

I hate when that happens

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
he must have stumbled upon a grand conspiracy ie a bunch of rich white prominent community men jerking each other off in an abandoned warehouse

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bet they didn't find a knife there

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

rock rock posted:

Bet they didn't find a knife there

Pickaxe handles burn well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
it was all part of johns master plan to frame the cops, obviously. he was just more dedicated than most conspiracy theorists

• Locked thread