Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

His body should dissolve and then nanobots reassemble him at cursor location. Bet that's canon somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Is Ultron just Doom, ICR, or does he have a cool mechanic

I mean I'm going to get him either way but still

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

punchymcpunch posted:

His body should dissolve and then nanobots reassemble him at cursor location. Bet that's canon somehow.

He just moves himself to a new drone body further down the line in his desired direction. His previous body explodes.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
About how many omegas does the average character need to pass cosmic midtown?

I'm pretty sure I'm getting nowhere in the challenge.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It's easier if you use an above average character.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

a big fat bunny posted:

RIP hype train. Someone find a comic panel where he teleports before he's scheduled for public testing.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

When you finally manage to make us a new thread, you should place it on proper place: Blizzard subforum.

Overwatch: for relapsing Marvel Heroes addicts

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Kokoro Wish posted:

He just moves himself to a new drone body further down the line in his desired direction. His previous body explodes.

You're on to something there, motherfucker. Get this man on design.

Also we better get an OML Ultron skin. That or the janky first body he stole the AoU movie.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ultron 1 or bust

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

I'm the confused bird

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well that was weird. Cosmic trial attempts over the past week:

Hawkeye - HAHAHA, nope, not this fragile fucker.
Cyclops - Close... gently caress!
Juggernaut - Closer... damnit.
Cap'n Hydra - Fail. Fail. Fail. JACKPOT!

I think the only difference was the Pirate Deadpool TU. His L60 skill lets me casually murder everyone while they can't move. When the game loads the visual elements for the enemies anyway. Multiple times the enemies had no visual representation while still attacking and taking damage. I had to find Madame Hydra a few times by holding shift and swinging near where P.Deadpool was attacking until I started recharging Cap's secondary resource.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Packs of Cowpocalypse cards are back in the store, 36 for 750g (half other packs of 36). Pretty good deal considering they have Summer, Penta, Odin, and Eternity Splinter boosts and 75/25 splinters (and cow portals but meh).

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Chop chop whitelisters. If Elektra can get a oforums enraging teleport so can the loving robot.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

If Ultron doesn't have a kickin' cape on his model I'm gonna riot

By which I mean buy with Splinters instead of dollars

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

HebrewMagic posted:

If Ultron doesn't have a kickin' cape on his model I'm gonna riot

By which I mean buy with Splinters instead of dollars
thanks to cakesplosions and the avengers event daily gifts, i think anybody who logs in with any frequency should be able to buy ultron with splinters.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I wish they'd remove the town portal from characters who don't have a canon teleport. Every time I see Rogue players go back to Avengers Tower without manually flying to the exit I become enraged.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cyborg is Boom Tubing them back to the tower.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

What hero should I try with my anniversary unlock?

Who I have:
Black Panther, Cable, Cyclops, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Hawkguy, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Thing, Thor, Vision.

Who I enjoy and actually play with some frequency: 90% Dr. Doom & Thor, used to play Caleb & SWitch a lot, don't mind Vision & Storm. Most of the others I haven't honestly played since the moment I hit 60 with them.

I like summoner doom, I like teleports, I think I generally prefer ranged, and I like builds that don't require full attention. Also sorta trying to get a higher splinter cost dude.
Looked at a bunch of heroes, kinda curious about Rogue, Magik, Loki, Jean Grey, Magneto, Dr. Strange. Also someone recommended Deadpool.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hauki posted:

What hero should I try with my anniversary unlock?

Who I have:
Black Panther, Cable, Cyclops, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Hawkguy, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Thing, Thor, Vision.

Who I enjoy and actually play with some frequency: 90% Dr. Doom & Thor, used to play Caleb & SWitch a lot, don't mind Vision & Storm. Most of the others I haven't honestly played since the moment I hit 60 with them.

I like summoner doom, I like teleports, I think I generally prefer ranged, and I like builds that don't require full attention. Also sorta trying to get a higher splinter cost dude.
Looked at a bunch of heroes, kinda curious about Rogue, Magik, Loki, Jean Grey, Magneto, Dr. Strange. Also someone recommended Deadpool.
If you like summoner Doom you'd probably like Magik, but if you have any interest at all ever in Rogue just get her; she's 600 splinters normally and is can be pretty much any character type you want. Just punch bullshit and drop DoT layers? Got it. Ranged cooldowns? Got it. Surfer's EMF and some bullshit? Got it. Summoner? Got it.

She also has a unique leveling feel compared to everyone else in the roster, because you can just swap out powers constantly as you go and not be playing the same character that you were 5 levels ago.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

My goons, which marble herons characters got reviewed since I last played (a few months ago? I believe Emma was getting her redo at the time GURLGURL GUUURL)

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If you like summoner Doom you'd probably like Magik, but if you have any interest at all ever in Rogue just get her; she's 600 splinters normally and is can be pretty much any character type you want. Just punch bullshit and drop DoT layers? Got it. Ranged cooldowns? Got it. Surfer's EMF and some bullshit? Got it. Summoner? Got it.

She also has a unique leveling feel compared to everyone else in the roster, because you can just swap out powers constantly as you go and not be playing the same character that you were 5 levels ago.

How does her borrow work exactly? Like, once you've borrowed a power do you just keep it until you actively replace it? I usually play in short bursts, so if I have to worry about trying to collect powers every time I play just to have a build that's probably a no go.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Beasteh posted:

My goons, which marble herons characters got reviewed since I last played (a few months ago? I believe Emma was getting her redo at the time GURLGURL GUUURL)

Like they can review two characters in three months.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hauki posted:

How does her borrow work exactly? Like, once you've borrowed a power do you just keep it until you actively replace it? I usually play in short bursts, so if I have to worry about trying to collect powers every time I play just to have a build that's probably a no go.

Powers stay remembered until you decide to replace them.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Powers stay remembered until you decide to replace them.

Cool, I'll go ahead and get her then.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

godface zillah posted:

Like they can review two characters in three months.

They also reviewed Falcon and decided he didn't need to be playable.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

They also reviewed Falcon and decided he didn't need to be playable.

Wish they did this with Hawkeye tbh

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks to incredible goonerosity, I am here to tell you Savage Surfer is the answer to the question. I'm at maybe 18 characters and leveling Surfer was like playing an entirely different, very relaxing game. And I almost cleared the cosmic trial with only two low level unique equipped.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

thanks to cakesplosions and the avengers event daily gifts, i think anybody who logs in with any frequency should be able to buy ultron with splinters.

Not to mention every other character for the next two years. I think I'm up to 2500 Splinters now.

HebrewMagic posted:

Wish they did this with Hawkeye tbh

They already did.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Beasteh posted:

Few heroes have received full QoL updates but many got quick fixes and band-aid damage increases so that there's not many garbage heroes anymore. Wolverine, X-23, Colossus, Iron Man, War Machine, Juggernaut, and Venom are the only ones who's damage is low anymore and even then they're not all that bad.

Some heroes that were really bad before are pretty great now: Magneto, Green Goblin, Nightcrawler, Emma, etc.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

not giving Ultron a teleport is a real shame, having a robot crashdown on cursor and become his new body while the previous explodes would have been perfect for him

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Someone brave enough for the O: please petition them to make cake slices, splinters, etc. the same as worldstones from the caches so you don't have to click them to pick them up. Thanks in advance.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

WebDO posted:

Someone brave enough for the O: please petition them to make cake slices, splinters, etc. the same as worldstones from the caches so you don't have to click them to pick them up. Thanks in advance.

People have pleaded few times. Asros likes us to pick poo poo up

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

jujojoh posted:

People have pleaded few times. Asros likes us to pick poo poo up

It encourages interactivity with the entertainment medium

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I barely read comics, they expect me to more than barely play a comic game? loving lunatics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Look, just put a loving spinning coin with an icon that resembles the currency you just autolooted which pops up for a brief second with a caching sound effect and you will have six times the skinner box reaction than forcing people to pick things up just so that their brain registers it as a reward.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Picking up that stuff wouldn't be quite as bad if it wasn't drowned in 15 different shades of useless items that you have to dig through every God drat time a boss dies. Especially since the game chugs like Emma Frost at a bukkake ceremony when trying to render the useless fecal spray of team up gear and diverse other garbage loot.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

They hold ceremonies for that type of thing now? When I was a teenager I had to search the internet for it.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

I thought having to pick up cake slices originated from combating afk farming, but I'm totally willing to chalk it up to standard incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: NEW THREAD IS UP. PRAISE ALLAH, SANTA AND JESUS :ducksiren:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779688

Close this one mods.

• Locked thread